Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #5,072 of 18,491
Seriously get back on topic, there is enough crud to wade through already in this thread.

A please would be nice, as your post come’s across as being forceful and demanding.

It should of been said like this.

“Seriously, Please get back on topic”.

It sounds much better that way, don’t you think ?

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #5,073 of 18,491
A please would be nice, as your post come’s across as being forceful and demanding.

It should of been said like this.

“Seriously, Please get back on topic”.

It sounds much better that way, don’t you think ?
I didn’t appreciate the negative imagery evoked by the use of the word ‘wade’, but I’m letting it go.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #5,074 of 18,491
I am more upset by the crude use of the word crud!

And did someone also use the word wade with a negative tone?

AKA Dwyane Wade?

giphy.gif

Yes guys, it is time for us to get back on the pitch before the Mods wade in again?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #5,075 of 18,491
yummy.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #5,080 of 18,491
Seriously get back on topic, there is enough crud to wade through already in this thread.

just an observation like.... you tend to find on Head-Fi when questions about a Product are asked albeit, technical or user wise, threads tend to stay on track that said, when those questions have been debated to death and a consensus has been reached threads tend to get derailed until the next question or advice is sought... personally I like a bit of music & banter amongst the excellent advice that Head-Fiers proffer up.

go on ask a question... we only bite Lion Bars :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #5,081 of 18,491
just an observation like.... you tend to find on Head-Fi when questions about a Product are asked albeit, technical or user wise, threads tend to stay on track that said, when those questions have been debated to death and a consensus has been reached threads tend to get derailed until the next question or advice is sought... personally I like a bit of music & banter amongst the excellent advice that Head-Fiers proffer up.

go on ask a question... we only bite Lion Bars :wink:
We even learnt a new word this week.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #5,082 of 18,491
anyone know what speed the USB input is on HMS?

As a good friend of mine said when asked a similar question about the height of a horse. What speed would you like it to be?

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #5,084 of 18,491
So far so good w/ my HMS. Day 1 I A/B'd HQP upsample vs HMS, the HMS felt effortless and smoother in comparison. Specifically, conveying more natural decay and more coherent transients. Day 2 I A/B'd DAVE direct vs HMS, the difference is more apparent than I expected. I had tempered my expectations of HMS magic (I mean, I could not fathom DAVE being better than it already is), but I am super impressed w/ the SQ change. I would say the improvement impact is across the board but most noticeably to me in treble quality on female vocals and separation on complex electronic tracks. Day 3, today, I am simply enjoying the HMS and DAVE as a pair - no more A/B planned. In regards to usability, HMS was a quick plug and play no issues, no drop outs. FWIW all my cables are Oyaide - power, BNC, USB. All in all since using DAVE, it has truly sent me (and my wallet) on a journey, a quest, to optimize my system because I am finding DAVE reflects, amplifies, embraces every upstream tweak. I am invested in the Roon ecosystem at this point and using a laptop as core and Aries as network endpoint, no complaints but my next curiosity is how a dedicated music server can take me further. I have a Roon Nucleus incoming for now, and if not satisfied will opt for Innuos or Antipodes.

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #5,085 of 18,491
I have been using HMS with Dave for over two months now. Several weeks ago I added a Torus Power TOT isolation transformer. The addition made backgrounds blacker, lows lower & tighter, highs more realistic & clear especially cymbals. I have since tried different reasonably priced coax cables and that did not make a significant difference from the stock cables. Today I received my Wave Stream 1m pair. Using these cables gave a boost to my system of the order that adding the Torus gave, instantly noticable. For those who haven't tried either and are looking to give their system a little something more, I recommend both, starting with an isolation transformer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back