Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 30, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #2,371 of 18,495
Is there any new news regarding US availability (HMS)?

From Moon Audio: "We expect the M Scaler in November and the Hugo TT 2 in December"

They're also throwing in $400 worth of Silver Dragon Digital BNC cables to people who pre-order both.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #2,373 of 18,495
Thank you for the comments now I understand the situation better but I still enjoyed reading the chord threads more before the take over of RF and ferrite core discussion. It’s good to see that some of you are enjoying the MScaler without buying cables and filtering costing almost as much as the unit itself.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,374 of 18,495
I have been lost since the first ferret was announced.

Those ferrets are tricky beasts but often string tied around the trouser bottoms can stop them going up your leg. :laughing:

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #2,375 of 18,495
From Moon Audio: "We expect the M Scaler in November and the Hugo TT 2 in December"

They're also throwing in $400 worth of Silver Dragon Digital BNC cables to people who pre-order both.
I can't find anything about the $400 worth of BNC cables on the Moon-Audio website. Do you have a link? Thanks.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #2,376 of 18,495
Thank you for the comments now I understand the situation better but I still enjoyed reading the chord threads before the take over of RF and ferrite core discussion. It’s good to see that some of you are enjoying the MScaler without buying cables and filtering costing almost as much as the unit itself.
Indeed, I almost unsubscribed due to the cable and ferrite discussion. I want to hear more about experiences with the M-scaler itself.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #2,377 of 18,495
I can't find anything about the $400 worth of BNC cables on the Moon-Audio website. Do you have a link? Thanks.

It's not on the site. The promotion details were sent in an email to people who requested to be contacted regarding information on the products release. I communicated with Nichole Baird email: nichole@moon-audio.com. She asked what color I wanted to sent me a paypal invoice which included the free cables.

Link to the 1.5ft cables they're offering: https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-digital-cable-v1.html

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,378 of 18,495
I've put one of my mscaler (and dave) up to sell - you can pm me if interested

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #2,379 of 18,495
It's not on the site. The promotion details were sent in an email to people who requested to be contacted regarding information on the products release. I communicated with Nichole Baird email: nichole@moon-audio.com. She asked what color I wanted to sent me a paypal invoice which included the free cables.

Link to the 1.5ft cables they're offering: https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-digital-cable-v1.html

Weird since I signed up about notification for TT 2

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #2,380 of 18,495
Weird since I signed up about notification for TT 2
In an email from Nicole at Moon-Audio after I inquired about the free cable:
"We offered the $400 worth of BNC cables to customers who purchased both the M Scaler and the Hugo 2 TT as a package"

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #2,381 of 18,495
Thank you for the comments now I understand the situation better but I still enjoyed reading the chord threads more before the take over of RF and ferrite core discussion. It’s good to see that some of you are enjoying the MScaler without buying cables and filtering costing almost as much as the unit itself.
Don’t need to spend lots of money just have to pay attention to rf getting into your system and prevent FPGA noise getting out! Ferrites are cheap Pangea power cables are cheap homemade coax cables are cheap used PS Audio powerplants are reasonably priced zerosurge line filters are cheap. $10k to $20k of Chord digital products and you don’t want to spend a few hundred to get the most out of your investment?????? I don’t understand that logic????

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #2,382 of 18,495
Don’t need to spend lots of money just have to pay attention to rf getting into your system and prevent FPGA noise getting out! Ferrites are cheap Pangea power cables are cheap homemade coax cables are cheap used PS Audio powerplants are reasonably priced zerosurge line filters are cheap. $10k to $20k of Chord digital products and you don’t want to spend a few hundred to get the most out of your investment?????? I don’t understand that logic????

What makes you think you are cleverer than Rob Watts at stopping mains-borne RF getting into a Chord product? What is your background in electronic engineering?

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #2,384 of 18,495
It’s a common misconception that if you can’t provide a technical explanation for something, it can’t exist.
Please site some examples of things that exist and cannot be scientifically or technically explained. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that RFI can be measured, otherwise we would not know that it exists. Please provide measurements of the RFI affecting your system.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #2,385 of 18,495
What makes you think you are cleverer than Rob Watts at stopping mains-borne RF getting into a Chord product? What is your background in electronic engineering?

You should really tone down the attacks man. Try taking a deep breath and remembering that this is just the internet, you'll be fine, no one will hurt you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back