Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 9, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #9,136 of 18,495
I wonder if 5 metre long Bnc cables would sound better, with diy ferretes as this length would be too much expensive for audiophile version cables.

Just to see if the airborne rfi was much reduced. I used to have 2 metre cables and kept the two devices 2 metres apart. But wave cables 1 metre long were a big improvement.

I also think about rob saying his preferred source was a laptop on batteries playing via optical, that sounds like a low rfi way to go.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #9,139 of 18,495
Enough...please.. is someone here feeling happy that they can have hms and really enjoys it??? You can scare a new possible user. Thats me.
Just ignore all the BS on this thread.
With all this talk of car-batteries and ferrites, this thread sounds more like a perverted S&M rant, rather than a sensible discussion about a piece of audio equipment.
And to answer your question: Yes, I’m extremely happy with my HMS. And to clarify, it works perfectly fine out of the box. With the stock power adapter. And with the stock BNC cables. No car-batteries, ferrites - or dungeons are needed! :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #9,140 of 18,495
Enough...please.. is someone here feeling happy that they can have hms and really enjoys it??? You can scare a new possible user. Thats me.

This is a free speech forum. Enough of people trying to censor things they don't like.

Really see these convo's I've had with Chord about batteries...and mains....

Not mains powered - but if you want the very best SQ use a battery power bank set to 9v, 12v or 15v. This will also make the M scaler insensitive to BNC cables too.

Chord is saying use battery power for best SQ I don't but thinking about it....

And by the way I really enjoy my HMS I used to own the MK Blu2 and changed it for the MS

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #9,141 of 18,495
Me,couldn't be happier have no issues at all with dare i say RF.The only problem is i find myself listening to music for to long as it's sounding that good.

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #9,143 of 18,495
My Mscaler sounded fantastic out of the box. There was an improvement when I bought a better BNC cable which was not a silly price and a bigger improvement when I added frrrite rings. Used the orange filter on the Qutest prior to the ferrite rings, now it is the green filter.

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #9,147 of 18,495
for those of you that believe that RFI is ruining your life here are some tools to help ease your pain, misery, bad mood, and SJW inclinations. I even had a member pm me saying I should be banned for sharing information. Should I reveal his name? hm.. so tempting... but not worth the effort...

There are some resonance products out there that will get rid of your rfi ... I might try this product later on not now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back