Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 5, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #2,656 of 18,537
Maybe a dedicated thread for hoppers is the way forward. I'm serious a chord thread not linked to any particular chord product. Think of it as a lounge where fellow headfiers can put their slippers on and go off topic a bit without fear of being lynched. :L3000: Simply call it the lounge.

Mmmm...lynched. Humankind needs to remove this from their vocabulary. No offense just observation.

Well there is another thread called All things Metrum Acoustics , I guess for discussions about products of that brand so why not a new thread called All things Chord

I think an all things Chord thread is a good idea. I know @paul2qute @Triode User and myself at least are in mScaler and TT 2

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #2,657 of 18,537
Don't forget me i've got an mscaler and hopefully a tt2 to replace my h2 by xmas. I'm in then? I also make constructive posts on the tt2 thread.:smile_phones::smile_phones:

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #2,658 of 18,537
Please, someone post a new thread in the Members Lounge area for this banter and general discussion. I'm not offended by the pages of off topic posts but it would be best for all who do want to stay on topic.

https://www.head-fi.org/forums/members-lounge-general-discussion.11/

Edit: To be clear, I've been in some general discussion threads and it has been fun. A much better place to go off on a tangent. Again, not that I feel this has been too crazy but we all know how it can spiral out of control for pages.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #2,659 of 18,537
Relic how can we start and more importantly name a thread for off topic lounge type chord owners and potential -past owners. I will quite happily start it but i don't want to do something unacceptable. Or maybe chord should be consulted on this. There is immense interest in the technical aspects and that comes first but i think i's unfair to expect any group of enthusiasts to constantly be in robotic mode and not have the freedom to joke and relax a little too that is human nature. The current set up is not working as evidenced by constant reminders reminding us to stay on topic. The general discussion threads are alive so surely integrating chord users into it should be child's play.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #2,660 of 18,537
Relic how can we start and more importantly name a thread for off topic lounge type chord owners and potential -past owners. I will quite happily start it but i don't want to do something unacceptable. Or maybe chord should be consulted on this.

Bottom right of the page that I linked is a button that says 'Post New Thread'. It's a members lounge so name it what you want, but I'd suggest not trying to sound 'official', lol, and follow posting guidelines like any other thread. A name suggestion could be 'Chord Fan Thread - Varied Topics for Fans of Chord Gear' or something.

New_thread.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #2,661 of 18,537
I will wait for other members here to chime in and any name has to be collectively agreed as i don't have the right to choose for everyone. Maybe members will agree to keep things purely gear related so there is no need for such a thread. However this hasn't worked till now? I am a member of another non audio forum and this "lounge" system is working perfectly there and has been for a long time.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #2,662 of 18,537
Actually i will start it. It will be called "Chord Electronics Lounge and Chat area." Now there is clear seperation between technical and more relaxed chat and we will never be warned about this again.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #2,663 of 18,537
It was just a suggestion because it seems there is a lot of good conversations between people with similar tastes. It's not hard and fast or official or anything, and if it dies then it dies to the depths of the web. I was just thinking it would be good to 'let loose' since you guys enjoy rapid fire banter. Nothing wrong with a little in the official threads, but eventually it does get to be too much where it wouldn't in a members lounge.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #2,664 of 18,537
OK i've started the thread and named it "Chord Electronics Lounge and Chat area."

A place to go off topic a little, a place to relax a little on the technicalities just a little, maybe talk about the news or the weather. Ultimately music rules the reason why we are all here so if you want to go technical feel free to do that too. MK

We just need to let the other chord threads know now.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-lounge-and-chat-area.892658/

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #2,666 of 18,537
Maybe a new TT3/Mscaler all in one box with a hugo2 docking station for when you're no longer hugoing anywhere.

I really would have a heart attack if it was TT3 and MScaler 2.0

Can you imagine the uproar, it would be hugely entertaining and sad at the same time.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #2,667 of 18,537
Carry on up the high end.....

carry_on_abroad.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #2,668 of 18,537
Only a lucky few get inside information mate

I tell ya, if it’s 2go, I will cancel my TT2 to get my hands on 2go.

I can’t afford both due to the mscaler eating away at my finances, but 2go is what I have been wanting since the first mention of it and poly came out.

That way I can take Hugo to bed with me.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #2,669 of 18,537
I've got my silver mscaler and it blows me away with h2. Just tt2 left just 23 more shifts left....just 23....:astonished: Listening to lionel richie diana ross endless love roon

10148062.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #2,670 of 18,537
I really would have a heart attack if it was TT3 and MScaler 2.0

Can you imagine the uproar, it would be hugely entertaining and sad at the same time.

My guess its an "Etude" monoblock or a Pre-Amp with DAC built in like the CPA/CPM ###

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back