Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #18,256 of 18,448
Unconscious victimism of such exist indeed.

However...

1) It does not restrict to audio and I'm pretty sure if I could examine your life, I could point out to several patterns of looping automated behavior prone to correction. 😉

2) I bought deliberately a glass toslink cable QED while having Kabeldirects working just as well. A deliberate act of hedonism. Feeling good because there's glass in there. Is that foolish? Depends how you think.
Like, why buy a Breitling watch if a 5 dollar watch works just as good?
Yes, sometimes a feeling can be bought, even when its unlogic.
Even animals do sometimes extra effort for seemingly stupid reasons.
It made Mr. Spock famous saying "Thats unlogical." while everyone grins thinking dude you don't get humans.
Like robot Data always trying to bridge logic with human behavior.

So be careful throwing stones unless you're Mr Spock or Data by name 😁

All in a good loving vibe 😻
No judgment here, I just read a lot and observe human behavior closely including my own. I'm just very curious about people and studies regarding the human brain. At the end of the day you only live once, if buying things and tweaking things keeps anyone here happy that is totally cool. I know quite a few people that keep spinning their wheels always saying they found what they're looking for only to change everything a few months later. There is a freedom in limiting your choices in audio and in other things, at some point some of us just stop and enjoy what we have. For those that keep searching, have fun! All good.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #18,258 of 18,448
No judgment here, I just read a lot and observe human behavior closely including my own. I'm just very curious about people and studies regarding the human brain. At the end of the day you only live once, if buying things and tweaking things keeps anyone here happy that is totally cool. I know quite a few people that keep spinning their wheels always saying they found what they're looking for only to change everything a few months later. There is a freedom in limiting your choices in audio and in other things, at some point some of us just stop and enjoy what we have. For those that keep searching, have fun! All good.
Amen to that.
It's very visible when people start things as a hobby then all done work is fun.

Then he becomes an amateur and a slight obsession creeps in.

Then comes contests and same person get bloody serious and tension and adrenaline drown all the fun away he/she had as a beginner.

Gotta watch ourselves.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #18,260 of 18,448
Amen to that.
It's very visible when people start things as a hobby then all done work is fun.

Then comes contests and same person get bloody serious and tension and adrenaline drown all the fun away he/she had as a beginner.

Gotta watch ourselves.
Perfectly said.

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #18,261 of 18,448
Amen to that.

Gotta watch ourselves.
Being a listener and being a tweaker are not mutually exclusive. It is not a zero-sum game.

I love tweaking - if you can call building an entire 300B SET amp a tweak - and I have learned so much. It's been great fun!

The innards of the various boxes in audio are much less of a mystery to me now, and I feel empowered to think of things for myself.

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #18,263 of 18,448
For those raving on Raspberry Pi and DIY, this is a nice YT channel:
I saw that video earlier this week - looks very interesting. I am actually planning to build one of those for the fun of it sometime soon.
I've looked over the parts list and the "how-to" threads at DIYAudio - it's pretty simple and not that expensive.

I like the idea of being able to try different low-jitter clocks.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #18,264 of 18,448
Dig Lazarous Dig sounds great, very lifelike audio cues, as if you were there in a sense.

Local file, Innuos zen 3 experimental mode with combined squeeze lite player.

Attachments

• B9AA4B9D-F83F-4217-B3C6-FE74E95DE05A.jpeg
    B9AA4B9D-F83F-4217-B3C6-FE74E95DE05A.jpeg
    921.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #18,270 of 18,448

Thanks for posting this link!

Like he mentions it’s just why I keep using the original SMPS boxed externally.. for its RF rejecting properties. But its not good at output voltage stability cause of being poorly cap buffered at its output. But having improved that aspect inside Dave by my low Z caps buffer.. it makes best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back