Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 4, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #16,246 of 18,436
When I feed the M Scaler via USB, I have no issues. Whenever I feed it via optical or bnc from my pi2aes, any time I switch sample rates, there is a second or so of weird glitching. This seems to be independent of output sample rate as well. This doesn't occur when I feed the bnc or optical from the pi2aes directly into my Dave, just the M Scaler into the Dave.

Does anyone else experience this?
Yes, same here.

Sep 4, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #16,247 of 18,436
@SoupRKnowva @LCMusicLover I don't have this issue when using Toslink with M-Scaler.
This is because in Roon, I program Roon to add 2000ms of Resync Delay when feeding M-Scaler via Toslink.
I presume whichever music player you use should have this functionality.

I think the issue comes from M-Scaler "caching"? digital samples for the 1 million taps so it takes a bit of time for it to clear. So if you suddenly change from one sample rate to another via Toslink, unlike USB, there is no way for the DAC to know of the change immediately. So it takes a while for the M-Scaler to adjust and the two sample rate signals get mixed together?

Sep 4, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #16,248 of 18,436
@SoupRKnowva @LCMusicLover I don't have this issue when using Toslink with M-Scaler.
This is because in Roon, I program Roon to add 2000ms of Resync Delay when feeding M-Scaler via Toslink.
I presume whichever music player you use should have this functionality.

I think the issue comes from M-Scaler "caching"? digital samples for the 1 million taps so it takes a bit of time for it to clear. So if you suddenly change from one sample rate to another via Toslink, unlike USB, there is no way for the DAC to know of the change immediately. So it takes a while for the M-Scaler to adjust and the two sample rate signals get mixed together?
Certainly a plausible explanation, thanks.

Sep 8, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #16,249 of 18,436
My Choral HMS housing is being constructed in China starting with raw CNC.
Followed by brushed black anodising and finnishing.

CNC making.png

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #16,251 of 18,436
My Choral HMS housing is being constructed in China starting with raw CNC.
Followed by brushed black anodising and finnishing.

CNC making.png

You need your own thread, and I mean that as an entire compliment. It's been cool following your progress. :)

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #16,252 of 18,436
You need your own thread, and I mean that as an entire compliment. It's been cool following your progress. :)
I am intending to do that, but by regulation itll have to be in the diy section.

I have some film footage too of the production to post there.

Once i get my pieces i will post the assembling in a dedicated thread together with optic dual data option.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #16,255 of 18,436
I am intending to do that, but by regulation itll have to be in the diy section.

I have some film footage too of the production to post there.

Once i get my pieces i will post the assembling in a dedicated thread together with optic dual data option.
Let us know when start it. I think at least a few us here are looking forward to it.

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #16,256 of 18,436
Let us know when start it. I think at least a few us here are looking forward to it.
I will..
I'm currently discussing final finnishing aspects with CNC manufacturer.

It will be a elite product looking worthy of Dave.
I wont settle for less than perfect

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #16,258 of 18,436
Ok for the ones interested.. my Choral housed Mscaler thread is up. See my signature for the link.
I have new pictures of the surface finnished product.
i cant wait to have it in my hands to assemble :beyersmile:

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #16,259 of 18,436
When I feed the M Scaler via USB, I have no issues. Whenever I feed it via optical or bnc from my pi2aes, any time I switch sample rates, there is a second or so of weird glitching. This seems to be independent of output sample rate as well. This doesn't occur when I feed the bnc or optical from the pi2aes directly into my Dave, just the M Scaler into the Dave.

Does anyone else experience this?
Hi,
This is designer Rob Watts's answer:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...fficial-thread.885042/page-1035#post-17019381

Users who are viewing this thread

Back