Huge Comparison of [Almost] All Grado Headphones -- Post Your Own Comparisons Here (thanks, @giogio!)
Dec 25, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #93 of 97
If I recall, GS is short for the Grado Statement series, and GH is short for the Grado Heritage series.
Also, GH models are mostly standard Grado styling models with unique woods. I had a GH3 with Coxlcobolo wood, which is very dense, like Rosewood. Mild V shape sound for a Grado.
You can Google the GH1-4 models for woods used.

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #94 of 97
Also, GH models are mostly standard Grado styling models with unique woods. I had a GH3 with Coxlcobolo wood, which is very dense, like Rosewood. Mild V shape sound for a Grado.
You can Google the GH1-4 models for woods used.
A little curious, but do you think that PurpleHeart wood, would make a good wood for a Grado.

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #95 of 97
A little curious, but do you think that PurpleHeart wood, would make a good wood for a Grado.
Not sure if it has been used for any type of musical instrument. If it is too hard and brittle, then it can't be used for smaller projects like HP bodies.

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #96 of 97
Not sure if it has been used for any type of musical instrument. If it is too hard and brittle, then it can't be used for smaller projects like HP bodies.
I read a few pages on the web in regards to purpleheart wood and apparently as one website puts it and I quote, “has a brilliant tone very similar to hard maple but warmer”, though it is a little more on the denser side in terms of weight, and can be brittle to work with, though generally has a neutral tone to it, and has been used in guitars before, it’s a wood I not only like, but curious on how it sounds on headphones, especially Electrostatic headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back