Htc One
May 27, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #256 of 533
Ooer!

Yes, Works perfectly, now - this is interesting...

May 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #257 of 533
Quote:
From what I understand, the One down-converts to a maximum of 16/48 (Android standard?!)

OK, well that answers my earlier question about high-res tracks.  I haven't tried listening to any on the HTC One, but I was curious how it would play back.  AFAIK, iPods all do the same thing; you can sync 24-bit tracks (up to 48kHz), but the high-end 8 bits are truncated on playback.

May 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #258 of 533
Quote:
Ooer!

Yes, Works perfectly, now - this is interesting...

biggrin.gif

May 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #259 of 533
Fellas, does anyone have an idea if a Meridian Explorer can be connected to an HTC One?
(In case I get lucky and I spot someone who has already tried this pairing. Will save me a costly experiment :wink:)

May 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #260 of 533
Hey everyone. I'm sure many of you have noticed that the bluetooth audio isn't that great.
The performance was identical to that of the Nexus 4's BT quality (stock).
Over at the XDA forums for the N4, some developers were able to change the bluetooth profile so the output was a lot better. 
That profile made a huge difference in sound quality.

So I wonder if the same could be done with the HTC One?

May 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #261 of 533
Quote:
Hey everyone. I'm sure many of you have noticed that the bluetooth audio isn't that great.
The performance was identical to that of the Nexus 4's BT quality (stock).
Over at the XDA forums for the N4, some developers were able to change the bluetooth profile so the output was a lot better. 
That profile made a huge difference in sound quality.

So I wonder if the same could be done with the HTC One?

Is your receiving bluetooth device Apt-X enabled?

May 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #262 of 533
Quote:

Is your receiving bluetooth device Apt-X enabled?

Yeah... I have been using HTC's Apt-X adapter and I think it sounds great with the car stereo; way better than a number of other bluetooth solutions I've tried.  Their website states that the HTC One supports Apt-X Lossless, which should result in no loss of audio quality, relative to the input media's quality.

May 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #263 of 533
Quote:

Yeah... I have been using HTC's Apt-X adapter and I think it sounds great with the car stereo; way better than a number of other bluetooth solutions I've tried.  Their website states that the HTC One supports Apt-X Lossless, which should result in no loss of audio quality, relative to the input media's quality.

Absolutely Apt-X sounds better, but unless both playback and receiving device sport Apt-X it falls back to regular bluetooth audio, which I suspect is the case for that poster since they are finding it the same as their N4.

May 29, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #264 of 533
Is lossless a part of the profile, what I mean is my htc is lossless but would the receiving device need to be, or would aptx suffice?

Can't wait to compare it to my sleek wireless.

May 29, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #265 of 533
Quote:
Is lossless a part of the profile, what I mean is my htc is lossless but would the receiving device need to be, or would aptx suffice?

Can't wait to compare it to my sleek wireless.

Apt-X is the lossless codec (well not quite, but much higher quality than regular bluetooth). Both playback device and receiving device need to have it or you won't be getting 'lossless' you'll be getting more compressed bluetooth audio.

May 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #267 of 533
Quote:
Ah good as I ordered the HS3000 you suggested.

I am not sure to whom *you* refers 
confused.gif
 , but I was talking about the HTC Stereo Clip, as opposed to the Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth adapter.  If you are ordering the latter, let us how well it does / doesn't work, since it's about 1/2 the cost of the HTC version.

May 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #269 of 533
I have HS3000 and have used it with I9300. It is quite nice and well worth $30 if you have an aptX phone. In a quiet room, you will notice some noise vs same headphones wired. But very nice for car, gym, etc. 

May 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #270 of 533
Fellas, has anyone invested some time in comparing the HTC One stock music player to Poweramp and Neutron MP, that can offer their findings and insight on what sounds best for them? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back