HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
May 2, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #196 of 501
idk what Htc and Sony trying to do with the 3000mah battery hahaha trying to prove that being eco friendly still can last the entire day? We should compare the box with the Htc u ultra to see the difference.

Yeah I wish they'd STOP releasing FLAGSHIP phones with 3000mAh batteries!!!! Getting tired of it.

It sux that we can't just compare the two boxes and EASILY determine whether the U 11 will have the same (or better?) killer DAC & amp like the 10 did or not. Hopefully we can determine that QUICKLY upon the announcement date.

Ok here ya go (click on U Ultra box to zoom in):

htc-u-11-box.jpg

33611607096_b655b9a9a3_o.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #197 of 501
Yeah I wish they'd STOP releasing FLAGSHIP phones with 3000mAh batteries!!!! Getting tired of it.

It sux that we can't just compare the two boxes and EASILY determine whether the U 11 will have the same (or better?) killer DAC & amp like the 10 did or not. Hopefully we can determine that QUICKLY upon the announcement date.

Ok here ya go (click on U Ultra box to zoom in):

htc-u-11-box.jpg

33611607096_b655b9a9a3_o.jpg
looks like it 3.5mm is gone and they are giving a better ear buds, pixel 2 anyone? XD it should have a better specs than HTC own phone :frowning2:

May 3, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #198 of 501
looks like it 3.5mm is gone and they are giving a better ear buds, pixel 2 anyone? XD it should have a better specs than HTC own phone :frowning2:

Yeah I think 3.5mm is very likely history. I could care less about the ear buds, but I'll still take 'em if they're offering (though usually the U.S. doesn't get those extras. F our lives lol).

It pretty much does look to have better specs in every aspect. Just not sure on audio and battery size yet, though the 835 WILL help with battery life, but there's also the bigger screen to consider too. Also as I mentioned earlier, I did notice the omission of OIS from the front camera on the U 11 vs. the 10, but that's really NOT a big deal to me either. I don't take many selfies, and it despite that omission, it WILL be upgraded in terms of ultrapixels (from 5 to 16), so I guess it still is an upgrade if you average it out?

This new leak focuses on the body/surface of the U 11, with HTC (Canada) themselves calling it "Fluid and reflective; designed to be quiet no more." I'm not too sure I like that, because it implies either 1) That they ARE going with a glass back or 2) That it will be some kind of glass/metal hybrid (which I'd MAYBE be ok with if it was like shatterproof).

The fact that they used the words "quiet no more" though implies that something new is coming that's never been done before, and since the U Ultra had a glass back, this perhaps implies that the U 11 WILL in fact have a glass/metal hybrid backside.

What do you think?? Anyone?!

May 3, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #199 of 501
https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/statu...20755504300032

Confirms that the U 11 will have a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in the box (no further information on the adapter itself).

As for the latest teaser, to me it says that it's going to have a similar design language to the Ultra. "Quiet no more" sounds like a reference to their old tag line "Quietly brilliant", but the intended contrast could well be with the previous flagships rather than the existing U handsets.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #200 of 501
May 3, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #201 of 501
https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/statu...20755504300032

Confirms that the U 11 will have a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in the box (no further information on the adapter itself).

As for the latest teaser, to me it says that it's going to have a similar design language to the Ultra. "Quiet no more" sounds like a reference to their old tag line "Quietly brilliant", but the intended contrast could well be with the previous flagships rather than the existing U handsets.

I hope this flagship will come with a full solution for 3.5mm earphones given the adapter or else it will end up ''Brilliant no more''

May 4, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #202 of 501
I hope the quote in this article is true (see spoiler) and HTC gives us everything we want/expect on the U 11.

Didn't know the Bolt and U Ultra purchases would allow people to get free adapters. That's cool, though HTC should've just included them. lol

The HTC U 11 is expected to come with all the bells and whistles that the company can release commercially at this time. As this smartphone will be HTC’s flagship for the next year or so, the company won’t cut corners.

May 6, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #205 of 501
I'm just sad it looks bulky :frowning2:. This forum is not working well with my BlackBerry. That's why not replying frequently

Yeah. It's not a deal breaker, but for once I kinda wish they'd taken Samsung's "lead" and gone 18:9 with the body (instead of copying the "physical home button look" that the 10 had and apparently the U 11 will also allegedly have). Oh well. Maybe on the U 12?! lol

Oh ok. Yeah since they remodeled it it's been a bit buggy. Like sometimes my hyperlinks don't appear blue to me, so I make them Italic in case others are having the same issue. I would suggest going into "Desktop Mode" while on your BlackBerry. That helped me a couple times on my HTC 10 since the site got redone.

May 7, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #206 of 501
Yeah. It's not a deal breaker, but for once I kinda wish they'd taken Samsung's "lead" and gone 18:9 with the body (instead of copying the "physical home button look" that the 10 had and apparently the U 11 will also allegedly have). Oh well. Maybe on the U 12?! lol

Oh ok. Yeah since they remodeled it it's been a bit buggy. Like sometimes my hyperlinks don't appear blue to me, so I make them Italic in case others are having the same issue. I would suggest going into "Desktop Mode" while on your BlackBerry. That helped me a couple times on my HTC 10 since the site got redone.
And we complain about the 3000mah battery on the Htc but the samsung also has it, I think it's all about the brand if samsung or apple do anything stupid people will Just adapt while other brand do it we whine and all but we never give them the chance haha! Just hope there's 2 HTC version one audio pro and one normal. We won't know till 9 more days.

I'm on the desktop mode my keyboard is still laggy typing with delay

May 7, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #207 of 501
And we complain about the 3000mah battery on the Htc but the samsung also has it, I think it's all about the brand if samsung or apple do anything stupid people will Just adapt while other brand do it we whine and all but we never give them the chance haha! Just hope there's 2 HTC version one audio pro and one normal. We won't know till 9 more days.

I'm on the desktop mode my keyboard is still laggy typing with delay

Hey HamsterKing,

You make a good point there. I guess maybe I got spoiled by Sony's old 2-Day Battery Life promise? lol I just would like to be able to use my phone all day and still have enough power left for at least the MAJORITY of the 2nd day before needing to recharge. I dunno if ANY phone can do that really now?

I think they also adapt to it Hamster because they simply DON'T KNOW there are BETTER (read: HTC lol) choices out there! Esp here in the U.S., where like with Sony, most ppl don't even know HTC phones exist, or haven't really been shown what the phone is capable of. This is where HTC and Sony both continue to screw up because they don't take advertising seriously enough. At least HTC still partakes in carrier involvement. Sony doesn't even do THAT anymore! lol

2 versions? Hmm........interesting proposal Hamster. I actually think I might agree with you on that one. Make the Pro Audio one cost more than the normal one, and you have a deal! lol It'd be a win-win really if you think about it. For those who are willing to spend a little (yes LITTLE, don't overcharge HTC!!! lol) more for better audio, you get the BETTER phone. For those that aren't but want everything, then buy the Normal one. Sony had proposed something like that 2 years ago with the Sony Xperia Z4 Music, but it never materialized. And now their audio on the Xperia line has gone backwards as well, or the complete opposite of HTC (unless they drop the ball on the U 11??).

Yes it IS coming quite soon isn't it? Can't wait! I really hope it's not a big letdown. lol

Hmm I dunno. I usually come on here on my desktop PC. But when I come on with my phone sometimes going to desktop mode............yeah it helps, but sometimes I just stay in mobile. It varies. Hopefully in the coming weeks it all gets fixed!

May 7, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #208 of 501
Hey HamsterKing,

You make a good point there. I guess maybe I got spoiled by Sony's old 2-Day Battery Life promise? lol I just would like to be able to use my phone all day and still have enough power left for at least the MAJORITY of the 2nd day before needing to recharge. I dunno if ANY phone can do that really now?

I think they also adapt to it Hamster because they simply DON'T KNOW there are BETTER (read: HTC lol) choices out there! Esp here in the U.S., where like with Sony, most ppl don't even know HTC phones exist, or haven't really been shown what the phone is capable of. This is where HTC and Sony both continue to screw up because they don't take advertising seriously enough. At least HTC still partakes in carrier involvement. Sony doesn't even do THAT anymore! lol

2 versions? Hmm........interesting proposal Hamster. I actually think I might agree with you on that one. Make the Pro Audio one cost more than the normal one, and you have a deal! lol It'd be a win-win really if you think about it. For those who are willing to spend a little (yes LITTLE, don't overcharge HTC!!! lol) more for better audio, you get the BETTER phone. For those that aren't but want everything, then buy the Normal one. Sony had proposed something like that 2 years ago with the Sony Xperia Z4 Music, but it never materialized. And now their audio on the Xperia line has gone backwards as well, or the complete opposite of HTC (unless they drop the ball on the U 11??).

Yes it IS coming quite soon isn't it? Can't wait! I really hope it's not a big letdown. lol

Hmm I dunno. I usually come on here on my desktop PC. But when I come on with my phone sometimes going to desktop mode............yeah it helps, but sometimes I just stay in mobile. It varies. Hopefully in the coming weeks it all gets fixed!

Yap! Sony Stamina mode!!!

Both of them really dont advertise their phones, still dont know why... and i dont see PS4 advertisement in my country too! but seems like everyone has it . So far only see Sam and Apple advertisement in my country .

When the Z4 Release i think its a bad time for Sony whole company and they sold their VAIO brand too! thats why they abandon that plan. i think they rather customer get a dedicated player than having all in one for music as listening on phone really eat a lot of battery XD. And maybe there is some component in the phone make the device eat a lot battery or noisey thats why they stop putting in the DAC.

May 7, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #209 of 501
Yap! Sony Stamina mode!!!

Both of them really dont advertise their phones, still dont know why... and i dont see PS4 advertisement in my country too! but seems like everyone has it . So far only see Sam and Apple advertisement in my country .

When the Z4 Release i think its a bad time for Sony whole company and they sold their VAIO brand too! thats why they abandon that plan. i think they rather customer get a dedicated player than having all in one for music as listening on phone really eat a lot of battery XD. And maybe there is some component in the phone make the device eat a lot battery or noisey thats why they stop putting in the DAC.

Yes, Sony Stamina Mode. lol

Well here Sony's PS4 is pretty huge but they ALSO ADVERTISE FOR IT. Shocking how that works! lol

Well the Z4 Music and even Z4 phone itself NEVER got released b/c of bad planning. Sony had the Z4v (Verizon version) ready to go, but waited too long and then suddenly it was time for the Z5 to get released. Why did it come so quick? Because Sony releases THE SAME MODEL PHONE TWICE A YEAR! That's why. No one else does that for the SAME model phone, only Sony. They say they surveyed customers in Japan and the customers there said they'd like new phones TWICE a year. Well you know what? I say, sometimes the customer doesn't know WHAT they want so you gotta think a little smarter. When they release a new phone it's not even that exciting because the last one came out only 6 mos ago. lol It's just stupid. So yeah, Verizon got p'd and bailed on them. And then they cut ties with T-Mobile as well. And now their phones offer less but still cost a lot. Yeah camera is better, but battery life PLUMMETED and audio quality went backwards too. Or never improved since the Z3. And now you got the HTC 10 and LG V20 out there. You can't go stale on audio but then boast about how great your phones sound. Sorry Sony!

But again, I really like your proposal to have one normal phone and one that's "Pro Audio". I think as time goes on, more and more people will start to gravitate towards the Pro Audio versions, and then competition will set in and make them CHEAPER & BETTER, which will attract even MORE people over! Then hopefully it will just become a standard. The "NO MORE CHEAPO AUDIO" standard! lol :L3000::thumbsup:

Well then they could put bigger batteries in if that's a concern. These phone companies have become too obsessed with making their phones thin that battery life is suffering all over the place because of it, and I DON'T like it! lol Well they should let the customer decide what they want. Since they were SO willing to be stupid and listen to the Japanese customers who said they want bi-annual Xperia releases, why not instead listen to if the customers even want DAPs anymore. If they do, then make them. If they don't, stop. Either way, they will make money, but they have to stop being stupid about it. By having the 2 versions of phones like you said, they will make money either way. It's no different really than releasing upgrades of THE SAME MODEL PHONE twice a year (which, did I mention was F'ING STUPID?!! lol). Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC, etc...............they don't do that. And when the new model comes out, everyone's ACTUALLY excited about it like we are about the U 11's release. If the 10 only came out 6 mos ago instead of a year ago, we wouldn't be AS excited. The truth is the truth Hamster.

Yeah a good DAC and amp will use up more powerful than a crappy one, but if you're gonna do something Hamster, you should always do it RIGHT IMO. Sony Mobile dropped the ball on several fronts to me, and lost a HUGE fan probably for good with their idiocy. It's not enough for me to just have a nice looking phone and great camera. Especially if you're charging what Samsung and Apple charge for your flagships. The Z3 was great on all fronts, and its camera was actually the weaker link of the 3, but just a tad. Finally by the Xperia X Performance (which I owned for several months) they had surpassed Samsung's camera IMO, but went backwards on the other 2 fronts which were also vital. Not offering full compatibility with U.S. carriers (i.e. my X Perf was NOT T-Mobile Certified, so I could not get VoLTE on it even though it was VoLTE-capable, and also no VoLTE meant couldn't use Band 12 on phone calls either), releasing the phones late, not offering them through carriers, only offering Xperia phones in the U.S. with fingerprint sensors if you bought the int'l version (so no warranty), etc. HTC however offered a phone with everything the Sony Xperia phones lacked (even the camera is on par now after the camera updates) with the 10. They even certified their UNLOCKED phones with T-Mobile just to show their U.S. customers like me that they care about us, so now I CAN use VoLTE on my 10 even though it's unlocked, which is awesome cuz my area (Chicago area) JUST got Band 12 activated too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back