HRT MS2+ vs NuForce HDP vs. Schitt Bifrost
Nov 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mrksgrn

Head-Fier
Does anyone have any cross comparisons between them who can comment on the sound?

My current setup is FLAC > HRT MS2 > M-Stage Matrix > HD650

I am also interested in the differences between MS2 and MS2+ if anyone can comment on this.

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Would like to hear a comparison between the NuForce HDP and the Schitt Bifrost as well. I currently own the HDP and thinking of getting a Bifrost. I am driving the K702 headphones. I am in need of a 24/192 USB Dac because right now I downsample the music in Foobar2000.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi,

I have heard the NuForce HDP and the Schiit Bifrost. The HDP is very clear, as is the Bifrost. Both are not really warm or, as some people like to say, "musical." They have an analytic approach to the music. The Bifrost seemed to be a bit more aggressive and dynamic when resolving some of the fast transients in electronic music. The HDP is no slouch, though. They are both near the same level to my ears, so pick the one that has the functions you desire and the size that you desire. Some would like a nice little HDP so they can have nice sound wherever they are, and some would prefer the Schiit for a solid rig at home. I like the look of the Bifrost a bit more, though. :p 

Hell, if possible, try to hear both. Maybe you can hear more differences than me and your ears may like something different! :D

Cheers and good luck with your decision,
Dan

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 6
I have the music streamer II+ and the HDP. Like fluffygdog said the HDP is more analytical, more treble happy than the music streamer II+, on the other hand the HRT is more warmer sounding and has a wider soundstage. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I have the music streamer II+ and the HDP. Like fluffygdog said the HDP is more analytical, more treble happy than the music streamer II+, on the other hand the HRT is more warmer sounding and has a wider soundstage. 

Hi Enthusia,
    I'm a newbie. I'm planning to setup a desktop system and I'm swaying between MS2+ and HDP when choosing a source. I would like to use it to drive K701 and ER4b. I'm wondering whether the HDP might be a little too bright for my gear.  I basically enjoy treble. But I'm not looking for uncontrolled treble performance. 
Great Thx!

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 6
I wouldn't say it is bright, but sparkly. It's definitely not an uncontrolled treble performance. You can't go wrong with either. The HDP is a great all in one package. The HRT Music Streamer II+ is a slightly better dac in my opinion but it will cost you since you have to buy an amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back