HP 1000's
Oct 13, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by raelamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I meant the "pads" are gone, not the cups. They have no polarity switch.

Aha! That should not be a problem, since new pads can be easily bought new.

So pictures might be nice as well. :hint:

Oct 13, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #18 of 24
Unfortunately I have no camera access tonite so can't post photo. Will have them up by tomorrow. Psyched to hear they use the flat pads cause I have some of those that I was gonna try on my 325i's for the hell of it. They are also missing the black sheer webbing that goes over the drivers. Actually I have one of them but it fell off. Are those easily replaced?

Oct 13, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #19 of 24
so how many of you vultures have PM'd our OP?
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #21 of 24
Wow...great find...hope you like them...if you don't, they're definitely worth lots.

Oct 13, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #22 of 24
Okay, at first I was joking, but on reflection I mean it: I think someone should mod their Joe Grados, and I promise to if I ever lay hands on a pair. It's un-audiophile and definitely un-head-fi to treat a headphone like a Greek Vase. I bet someone willing to build some pad adapters, add some blu-tak, and play with damping could IMPROVE the sound of any of them. These aren't antiques, and they're not works of art, they're works of recent design by a living designer and engineer. They deserve to still be in the game and not on a museum shelf, and that includes modding.

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #23 of 24
Modding = losing $ value on Head-Fi and eBay. If it sounds better modded to the modder, than that's awesome but what if he ever needs to sell them ?! A modded pair has a significant decreased value unless the mods are all reversible. Trust me, Joseph Grado knew what he was doing.

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by raelamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I have no camera access tonite so can't post photo. Will have them up by tomorrow. Psyched to hear they use the flat pads cause I have some of those that I was gonna try on my 325i's for the hell of it. They are also missing the black sheer webbing that goes over the drivers. Actually I have one of them but it fell off. Are those easily replaced?

Thats great, the flats are what they originally used so if you already have them your set.

As for the grille cloth... Alex ([AK]Zip) can replace that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back