How's your MLB team doing?
Aug 20, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #151 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
No, its not #27 you are smelling, its the vomit I just spit up in my mouth.
lambda.gif

On another note, My M's have lost 10 in a row. Great job guys.

Hmmm...you sure that's it? It doesn't smell like your usual breath smell.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #152 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
Maybe it's a good thing you're not coming to the meet, I was gonna wear my "Got Rings?" T-shirt!

J/K, I wouldn't do that (I wanna get out alive!
eek.gif
)

You know I am a Yankee fan right? Why would I kill you? :lol:

EDIT: I guess you mean the other members there beating the poop out of you. I would have your back though.

Aug 20, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #153 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
You know I am a Yankee fan right? Why would I kill you? :lol:

EDIT: I guess you mean the other members there beating the poop out of you. I would have your back though.

No, I didn't know. I guess I just assumed since you list your location as Boston...

Life must be hard for you there.
rs1smile.gif

But anyways, I don't think I'll wear any Yankee logos to the meet, no sense creating divisions.

Aug 20, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #154 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
The Boston Massacre Part 2.

The Yankees are going to be loaded once Matsui and Sheffield come back (as long as they are still able to swing a bat).
I was actually rooting for the Sox at one point to make a game of it. Utterly disgusting baseball to watch this weekend.

Hopefully Moose and Shilling can bring their A game tonight.

Should be a good game! It'll be great if the Yankees win again. Sweeping the Sox would have to take at least a little wind out of their sails.

Aug 21, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #155 of 184
The Tigers have hit a rough stretch, losing 9 of 12 and with the Chi-Sox coming to town on Monday. We will learn a lot in the next 4 days.

Aug 21, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #156 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Well, they are not as lucky as my '69 team...
...they aren't the '86 "can't be beat" team...
...but they are doing just fine on top
biggrin.gif

100px-NYM_1235.gif
150px-MetsLogo.jpg
100px-NYM_1235.gif

We are in some serious trouble. Glavine may be out for the rest of the season.
eek.gif
frown.gif
plainface.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #157 of 184
Yeah baby! Four in a row! I smell sweep!

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #158 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
We are in some serious trouble. Glavine may be out for the rest of the season.
eek.gif
frown.gif
plainface.gif

Major bummer, hope Glavine's gonna be alright. On the bright side, if you can call it that, Pedro missing so much time during the season might be a blessing in disguise. He usually starts running out of gas in Sept, maybe he'll be fresher for the playoffs this year. Mark my words, those young Met arms are gonna shine!

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #159 of 184
And of course, the Yankees win, how sweet it is!

Aug 21, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #161 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
Major bummer, hope Glavine's gonna be alright. On the bright side, if you can call it that, Pedro missing so much time during the season might be a blessing in disguise. He usually starts running out of gas in Sept, maybe he'll be fresher for the playoffs this year. Mark my words, those young Met arms are gonna shine!

I hear ya', but I'm still nervous. Right now the rotation is Traschel, Hernandez, Maine, ?, and ?. Assuming pedro gets over his boo-boo, you can add him into the rotation. I think that can get us by into the post-season (and maybe past the first round), but can we securely take the pennant with that? And go 7 games against the Tigers/Yankees/White Sox (?Twins/Red Sox)?

And I'm still pissed about the Nady trade. With Floyd always on the DL, we have little power in the outfield beyond Beltran. What we needed was another starting pitcher, not another reliever! (Sorry for the rant.)

There is still talk of picking up Shawn Green. We're gonna need another bat if Floyd doesn't play.

Aug 21, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #162 of 184
Can you say "sweep"? I can.
This is great.

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #164 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
Man, what an awesome game at Fenway. Definitely the best of the four so far. I Still can't believe the Yankees won it

woohoo

I can't understand why the Sox pulled Papelbon. That was IME there biggest mistake of the game.

Aug 21, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #165 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
I can't understand why the Sox pulled Papelbon. That was IME there biggest mistake of the game.

2 innings and 42 pitches is why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back