1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

How to watch movies on Elliptical?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by michaeljames99, Mar 10, 2014.
  1. MichaelJames99
    So I am trying to combine 2 of my favorite things to do.. watch movies and workout on my elliptical machine.  Its an hour a day that I want to not think about work.

Right now, I have a pair of Grado RS1's hooked up to Musical Fidelity X-Can v2 amp which is connected RCA stereo to a headphone out jack on the back of the TV (using a Monster conversion cable RCA stereo to headphone jack).  The Direct TV box only has optical Out.

The problem I have is the Grados use a black sponge ear pad that when it gets wet, starts to deteriorate and comes off on my ears.
    I was wondering if there are Grado pads made of leather or rubber or some type of water resistant material?  I guess I could always go to a Bowers & Wilkins C5 In-Ear Headphones or something like that?  or maybe go to a HiFi Man He400 or He500 that would have a synthetic ear pad?

I am also wondering if there is a product to convert the Coax digital out to RCA stereo to feed my Musical Fidelity X-Can v2 amp?

Looking at various areas to improve the sound....