How to remove Sennheiser earpads?
Aug 23, 2002 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fredpb

1000+ Head-Fier
How would you remove the earpads for both the HD600 and the HD570? Mine are about due for replacement.

Aug 23, 2002 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 5
Just pull them away!

Aug 23, 2002 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Grab ahold of the areas covered with fur and pull hard, careful not to tear them.

And for goodness sake, when putting them back on, remove the rear grills first as there is a tendency to press on them when applying force to get the pads back on, and this can dent the screen.

Aug 23, 2002 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by fredpb
How would you remove the earpads for both the HD600 and the HD570? Mine are about due for replacement.

I use a small screwdriver to lever off the 570s pads as they are quite firm compared to the 600s. Pulling with just your hands may tear them a bit.

Aug 23, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Beagle: remove the rear grills first...

I'll take the bait - How do you remove the grills without leaving any dints or scratches? Are any screwdrivers or coins necessary?
eek.gif

Also a tip for the earpads. Pull them from the outer edge at the front or back (the places of least curvature) until the plastic backing becomes visible. Then you can safely lever that plastic ring. Pulling from the inside edge is not such a great idea since that's where they clip to the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back