How to reduce LCD-2 clamping force
Sep 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

100+ Head-Fier
I finally scraped enough money to buy these with Lyr last week, and they sound fantastic. The only complaint is that the clamping force of these are just intolerable. After 2-3 hrs of use, I feel like my head is under a vice. Any advice how to reduce the clamping force?

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 11
I have a huge melon and I've never found the LCD-2's to be too clampy.  But with that said, isn't the top of the headband metal?  You could *very carefully* try to unbend it just a tad.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 11
It's one of the reasons why I returned the LCD-2. I would have tried bending it myself, but I didn't want to risk breaking a $1,000 headphone and not being able to return it :frowning2: .

It wasn't bad, but I definitely noticed it and it was annoying. I wish it had the same feel as the HE-500. It was so comfy and it never hurt!

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
I have a huge melon and I've never found the LCD-2's to be too clampy.  But with that said, isn't the top of the headband metal?  You could *very carefully* try to unbend it just a tad.

I have very clumsy hands and  I don't want to break my 1grand headphones. Is there a "safer" way to do this?

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 11
Dude, it's metal. Simplest thing to do. Just grab the headband with both your hands, apply pressure with your thumbs to the top-center part. Just bend the whole headband a little (do not bend it completely straight). Try if it changed, if not, use a little bit more force and hold it for some seconds.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Dude, it's metal. Simplest thing to do. Just grab the headband with both your hands, apply pressure with your thumbs to the top-center part. Just bend the whole headband a little (do not bend it completely straight). Try if it changed, if not, use a little bit more force and hold it for some seconds.

What he said.  Just don't grab the ear cups or adjusting rods at all.  Make sure you're just bending the metal headband part at the top. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

I would never be comfortable trying to bend a 1000$ headphone headband.

That's the point, LOL 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
I've read many posts here by owners of the LCD2 saying that the clamping is reduced with use. Maybe put a few books between the cups overnight for a few weeks and see if that helps.

The money for brands like Audeze and Hifiman is spent in the drivers, rather than the headband, unlike certain other companies like Sennheiser (knock on wood) 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
I've read many posts here by owners of the LCD2 saying that the clamping is reduced with use. Maybe put a few books between the cups overnight for a few weeks and see if that helps.

I'll try this today,(crossing my fingers) hope i won't break them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back