How to make PX100s into high end headphones! (pics inside)
Dec 21, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #121 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried it with the new version and the mod is great! Since then I could never go back to the stock pads. Now, if only I had a way of dyeing those pads black.
smily_headphones1.gif

do u still use the stock pad with HD414 combined on PX100

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #127 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by barrist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you guys with the hd414 pads on the px100 post some more pics? thinking of doing this mod...

(preferably those who kept the yellow)

x2
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #131 of 133
What a drag that the original pics that started this long thread seem to be lost. What is all this about reversing the pads? The foam pads? or the plastic covering of the driver...??

Jun 13, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #132 of 133
I wouldn't worry about it. I like many others tried this mod and momentarily convinced myself of audiophile enhancements. A reality check later I realised all this mod does (to my ears at least) is make for a deficient bass and a generally thin sound. This is of course the predictable result of moving a headphone driver further away from the ear than designed for (and yes, I have the original edition of these phones this mod was based upon). I even dyed the things black for goodness sake. If someone wants to try this mod I've still got the pads somewhere, don't waste your money, I'll send them to you free of charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back