How to make an interconnect Step by Step With Pics
Jul 8, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #451 of 1,012
Sounds good, thanks for the replys guys. The pricing at Partsexpress are really good however, I noticed you have to buy either 6inches or 4 ft or heatshrink at a time, is there someplace that you can buy it buy the foot on one roll, instead of buying it precut? Also someplace that sells that carbon, reflective, techflex would be a big plus too! Thanks

Jul 8, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #452 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Sounds good, thanks for the replys guys. The pricing at Partsexpress are really good however, I noticed you have to buy either 6inches or 4 ft or heatshrink at a time, is there someplace that you can buy it buy the foot on one roll, instead of buying it precut? Also someplace that sells that carbon, reflective, techflex would be a big plus too! Thanks

http://www.cableorganizer.com

Jul 10, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #453 of 1,012
Just wanted to let everybody know that www.partsconnexion.com is having a 15% OFF sale on quite a bit of stuff.

Details of the sale here: http://partsconnexion.com/econnexion.../july2006.html

One of the noticable things (and the reason it's in this thread) is that they're selling Cardas 4x24 already not bad at $6.75/foot, but now there's an extra 15% off, so it's only $5.74.

Jul 10, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #454 of 1,012
where Can I buy gold plated Neutrik right angled mini connectors online? Should be a dealer who does international shipping!

Jul 10, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #455 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel
Just wanted to let everybody know that www.partsconnexion.com is having a 15% OFF sale on quite a bit of stuff.

Details of the sale here: http://partsconnexion.com/econnexion.../july2006.html

One of the noticable things (and the reason it's in this thread) is that they're selling Cardas 4x24 already not bad at $6.75/foot, but now there's an extra 15% off, so it's only $5.74.

Wow, that place just keeps getting better and better. I'll definately be ordering stuff from them the next time I need parts.

Jul 15, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #457 of 1,012
I haven't tried either, but I'm willing to bet Cardas has things figured out.

Redco now carries the Switchcraft right angle 3.5mm minis if anyone's interested.

Jul 17, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #458 of 1,012
I've seen a couple people use the Canare GS-6 cable but I'm confused.. there's only one wire. For RCA-to-RCA cables, where do you hook up the ground wire?

EDIT: For the record I found out what other's have done: the sheilding acts as the ground.

Jul 17, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #459 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
I've seen a couple people use the Canare GS-6 cable but I'm confused.. there's only one wire. For RCA-to-RCA cables, where do you hook up the ground wire?

Just guessing here, but maybe the shield would go to ground?

Jul 25, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #460 of 1,012
I'm thinking about making a 3.5mm mini to RCA to connect my sound card's SPDIF to my DAC. It doesn't look like there are any 3.5mm mono connectors though, do I just use a stereo one?

I'm looking at the Canare Star-Quad microphone cable right now and it has 4 wires, does that mean I solder 2 for ground and 2 for signal? Or do I just use 1 each and leave the other 2 unused?

Do I need the 75ohm Coaxial RCA plugs for SPDIF?

Jul 25, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #461 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyleow
I'm thinking about making a 3.5mm mini to RCA to connect my sound card's SPDIF to my DAC. It doesn't look like there are any 3.5mm mono connectors though, do I just use a stereo one?

I'm looking at the Canare Star-Quad microphone cable right now and it has 4 wires, does that mean I solder 2 for ground and 2 for signal? Or do I just use 1 each and leave the other 2 unused?

Do I need the 75ohm Coaxial RCA plugs for SPDIF?

There are such things as mono 3.5mm plugs... Here's some from BTX.com, I've purchased from them before and they're quite good and competatively priced.

Jul 25, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #462 of 1,012
Yeah I found some on Markertek, not sure why I couldn't find it before
confused.gif

I was thinking of ordering this:

Canare Star Quad Microphone cable
SW3502AAU Switchcraft RCA Male Silver/Gold
SW780 Switchcraft Mini Plug with shielded handle

The mini plugs say that it's 2 contacts so I'm assuming that's mono. For SPDIF do I need the 75mm coax RCA or is that RCA fine?

EDIT:

After some searching it seems that for SPDIF you do need 75 ohm.

Blue Jeans Cable sells one and following their suggestions:
Cable: Belden 1694A
RAC: Canare RCAP
Mono: Switchcraft 780

If I'm not mistaken the Coaxial only has one wire right? So there's no ground for the SPDIF cable?
confused.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #464 of 1,012
I use a pair of sharp scissors, and am just very careful with how I use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back