How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601.
Apr 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #91 of 139
I've followed the back opening instruction, and finally keep showing
INFO:羲宎狟婥Boot Code
ERROR:狟婥Data.bin囮啖!
ERROR:Boot Code狟婥囮啖,笭陔匿脣扢掘
INFO:汔撰賦旰

anyone have faced this kind of problem?

HELP

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #92 of 139
Quote:
I've followed the back opening instruction, and finally keep showing
INFO:羲宎狟婥Boot Code
ERROR:狟婥Data.bin囮啖!
ERROR:Boot Code狟婥囮啖,笭陔匿脣扢掘
INFO:汔撰賦旰

anyone have faced this kind of problem?

HELP

I haven't seen that when my 801 was down.
Did you bridge the two pins when you plug'ed the USB into the computer?
If so, Windows should recognize it and you should be able to remove the RockBox and install the stock firmware - using the description.

May 2, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #95 of 139
Quote:
I afraid that I burned something inside after this manipulations with samsung chip, my player stopped play music. No sound comes from any of channels. 

There is of course a risk doing things like the "old" uninstall method (bridging pins on a chip in a player while power is on).

Does the player power on as normal, but just doesn't have any sound?
In that case it could be that you have actually "toasted" it, but it could also simply be that the DAC / DAP switch is set to DAC (unless it's a 601).
What model is it? And what works and what doesn't?

May 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #96 of 139
Quote:

Hi

My rockboxed 801 crashed and gives me the following white screen:

*PANIC*
ata: -4

When I connect it to the PC - it does not show up as an external drive ...

What do I do - how do I un-install rock-box and install hifiman firmware ...

Thanks
Sunil.

You just need an SD card with a .rockbox folder on it. You get this error because rockbox can not find this folder.

May 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #97 of 139

The problem was in the bottom right screws on the inside of the board, near the spring. I do not know why, but when I unscrewed it a little bit, the sound started working.
I have 601 slim and as I understand RockBox doesnt support it, after installation I got white screen.
and what is the new method of uninstall rockbox? 
becouse it was inpossible to install drivers, with out briding pins.

May 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #98 of 139
Quote:

The problem was in the bottom right screws on the inside of the board, near the spring. I do not know why, but when I unscrewed it a little bit, the sound started working.
I have 601 slim and as I understand RockBox doesnt support it, after installation I got white screen.
and what is the new method of uninstall rockbox? 
becouse it was inpossible to install drivers, with out briding pins.

Some of the new slim 601s have a new screen with another resolution, and it's not yet supported by rockbox. If your slim Hm-601 comes with v0.10 firmware do not try to install rockbox.

So, I hope that you installed one of the newer versions with dual bootloader. If yes than you just need to connect your device to your PC, the original firmware will boot, and your PC will see the internal memory. Just put the original firmware there, turn off the devise and boot the original firmware once again (Power + any other button) and wait until the device finishes the update.

It is a surprice for me that almost nobody asked this kind of questions on the rockbox forum, where you can ask the developers directly. Many of you would not have problems that I've read about in this thread.

May 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #99 of 139
Also you can try this http://www.box.com/s/ejrm2fc43ojdv8knxed0 flasher.

Also try this to install drivers:
1) Press Start ==> Run CMD with administrators rights.
2) type in the CMD the following:
cd "path to the tools folder/drivers/amd64/win7" (or type the path to the drivers for other windows version)
3) pnputil -a rockusb27.inf

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #101 of 139

I have hm-601 4Gb and Installing rockBox, but after loading the gray screen appeared. 5.6  connect pins, but nothing happens. Windows can not find the driver. Before thise all determined.

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #104 of 139
I think that the reasen is: WARNING! Some of new HM-601 Slim have another type of display. Driver for such display is not implemented, so if you see only white screen after boot, follow uninstallation instructions on this page below

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #105 of 139
maquet, yes that is the reason. I keep wondering, why don't people read rockbox.org or ask questions to the developers directly. You would know that you don't need to connect pins it you have just read the theads or asked the developers. If you have installed the latest version with the bootloader correctly than just connect the device to the PC (the original firmware will load), PC will recognize the internal memory, put the IMG file of the original firmware into the internal memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back