how to get your kmixer back?
Aug 27, 2007 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

minivan

100+ Head-Fier
any1 know how to get the kmixer back? i read some thread about by disable the kmixer and using direct sound in foobar, following the intruction and now i have no sound at all. try to get my kmixer back by dong these:
control pannel -> sound and audio devices -> hardware -> properties of sound card -> properties->mixer devices->sound card processor (wdm)->user mixer featueres.
did the same thing on the audio devices ->sound card (wdm)

still no sound come out. i am using x-fi extreme music , reinstalled the sound card driver before still not work
any help will be greatly appreciated!

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any1 know how to get the kmixer back?

Do you have the kmixer.sys file in this catalog?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #5 of 15
sorry tantra, i dont know what u mean by windows audio services... i went to control panel->sound and audio devices-> it said no audio devices in the volume tab and also nothing active on the audio tab. does that answer your question?

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 15
1) Are you able to activate your soundcard in the Audio tab?

2) To check the "Windows Audio Services" you have to go here:
Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools >Services
It should read "started".

Aug 30, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 15
when i click on the small icon of volume mixer of my sound card on the bottom right of the screen, it said "no audio device installed"... why? but i can see the sound card device on my sound and audio device in the control panel. i can't see the adminstrative tool in the control panel.. i think i will reinstall my windows may be that's the best option?

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #8 of 15
Reinstall would solve the problem, but it's a lot of work if you don't have a good image-file of your system partition. It's pretty much your last option.

I had the same problem as you, and managed to solve it in an rather easy way. But now I just can't remember what I actually did to solve the problem
plainface.gif

To check if the "Windows Audio service" is running you could: right-click on the "My Computer" icon, choose "Manage", then "Services and Applications", and open "Services". The "Windows Audio service" should read "started". If it is disabled, set it to "automatic" and restart your computer.

Go to "Control Panel" > "Sound and Audio Devices" > "Audio" tab, and make your soundcard the "Default device" in the "Sound playback" pull-down menu and adjust all volumes in the mixer to max. Then go into your playback software (Foobar, Winamp, etc.) and set your soundcard as default device.

Hope this helps.

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 15
windows audio services read started when i check according to your instruction.

as for the audio tab bit, the pull down menu under the sound playback default device is disabled! this is the bit that puzzled me..also the pull down menu for the sound recording and midi also disabled.

when i start foobar, i select the creative asio as output and the foobar play ok. but i can't get any sound at all.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #10 of 15
Did you uninstall the drivers for the soundcard before you reinstalled the drivers?

If not, you could try this: Go to "Control Panel" > "Add or Remove Programs", and remove everything associated with the soundcard. Restart Windows. Reinstall the drivers for the soundcard. (Restart Windows again).

Hope this helps.

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #12 of 15
i tried to remove sound card driver and reinstall driver again before still not work.about that link u agave me, i tried to open volume control it said mixer device is not there. it seem like window did not load the kmixer when it start up? anyway i will reinstall window again on the weekend.. thanks very much for taking the time to help me out.. really appreciated that.. i own u one
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #15 of 15
Not all cards are recognised by Win.
I also have no sound device showing.
Its just a matter of selecting it in Audio/Sound playback device.
BUT it will still show no sound device in Win.
You use your card settings to control no problems.
If this applies to your card I do not know.
but it applies to mine. [ RME ].
icon10.gif

Edited:Should have read the thread properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back