How to "enjoy" music?
Nov 23, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #241 of 365
I don't know about Sweden, buy here in the US most public libraries have music CD's. It is kind of like shopping. You get to flip through the stacks, pick out ones that look interesting, then wait in line to check them out. The nice thing is you check them out with a library card, not a credit card. Because they are free, you can be more adventurous in what you "buy".

Nov 23, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #242 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by dknightd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about Sweden, buy here in the US most public libraries have music CD's. It is kind of like shopping. You get to flip through the stacks, pick out ones that look interesting, then wait in line to check them out. The nice thing is you check them out with a library card, not a credit card. Because they are free, you can be more adventurous in what you "buy".

If I enjoyed hanging out in the library all day then my room would be stacked full of harddrives and I would never listen to music anymore because I would be busy copying them to all of my computers. They would get suspicious if I come there many times per day with big bag: "Yep, I listened to these in fast forward". I would end up getting banned from all libraries in the world.

If I do something, I do it to the extreme. There's no point in doing it otherwise. Is that another mental disorder?

Nov 23, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #243 of 365
You need to stop bothering with tiny tweaks and think about a DAC upgrade.
k1000smile.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #244 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to stop bothering with tiny tweaks and think about a DAC upgrade.
k1000smile.gif

The only thing wrong with Benchmark DAC1 is the person using it. Putting it on table and plugging it into wall makes it sound horrible. It needs to be treated good. 3 of my recent upgrades went over 1 million on my 1-10 scale, 2 of them were Valhalla interconnect tweaks. DAC1 is good enough to show it.

23.JPG

Nov 24, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #245 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing wrong with Benchmark DAC1 is the person using it.

LOL, QFT
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #246 of 365
Expand your taste of music. Listen to classical or opera, learn to appreciate the work and effort it takes to compose music. Think of music as art, not only a way to pass the time.

Nov 24, 2006 at 11:37 AM Post #247 of 365
Quote:

I don't enjoy any of those things. I guess I don't have any emotions then, how do I get it? I feel like little grey alien sitting in space ship studying humans on how to get emotion. I watch TV all day and still don't get it. I know what all those facial expressions mean though.

I have figured out a few things, the only way you can enjoy something is if it feels bad in the first place. If your body is aching and the pain is relieved, then it feels good and you enjoy it. I guess my only pain is ignorance; when I find the truth the pain is relieved and I enjoy it.

from that it sounds like u may be mildly autistic. A mate of mine was found to be recently....I always remember him saying he didn't understand other peoples emotions etc...

Nov 25, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #248 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by nph134 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from that it sounds like u may be mildly autistic. A mate of mine was found to be recently....I always remember him saying he didn't understand other peoples emotions etc...

When I go outside people look at me and make weird grimaces. They squeeze their eyes a little too. Eyebrows are moving too.

When I try to do things perfectly it may look a little stiff and fast to them, like a robot or alien, but recently I have learned to ignore them, they are the ones having the problems not me.
I have started doing random movements with my body so I don't draw as much attention. My body "hangs" more "loose" now instead of being stiff. I think it's working now.

Edit: I still don't know why they make those body movements, it must be something with looking "cool". If they make big body movements it makes them look big and important. In action movies I see the bad guys making erratic walking techniques which makes them look "dangerous". They are bending their legs and swinging their arms, usually they are wearing bigger clothes than what they need, it makes them look even bigger.

Nov 25, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #249 of 365
Well, most people just don't think about it Patrick... we just live and enjoy ourself. You need to stop analysing everything long enough to have a but of fun.
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #250 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for all of the babes. But you wouldn't know that, I guess.

If I liked girls or boys I would be outside stroking them instead of my stick at home.

Nov 26, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #251 of 365
Quote:

If I liked girls or boys I would be outside stroking them instead of my stick at home.

This one time I thought I saw you make a post similar to what a normal person would have said in the same situation.

Turned out that it wasn't really you though.

Dec 2, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #252 of 365
Quote:

When I go outside people look at me and make weird grimaces. They squeeze their eyes a little too. Eyebrows are moving too.

When I try to do things perfectly it may look a little stiff and fast to them, like a robot or alien, but recently I have learned to ignore them, they are the ones having the problems not me.
I have started doing random movements with my body so I don't draw as much attention. My body "hangs" more "loose" now instead of being stiff. I think it's working now.

Edit: I still don't know why they make those body movements, it must be something with looking "cool". If they make big body movements it makes them look big and important. In action movies I see the bad guys making erratic walking techniques which makes them look "dangerous". They are bending their legs and swinging their arms, usually they are wearing bigger clothes than what they need, it makes them look even bigger.

patrick82 reminds me of Christopher Boone.

curiousincident.jpg

Dec 2, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #253 of 365
Quote:

That's why those athletes don't have any real skill. The only skill they have is that they can repeat something with great accuracy. But they can't make something new.

When you practice you just repeat something you already know!
Practice is worse because it makes you get "locked" inside that technique and it's hard to change. Imagine if they try to change to another sport, they can't! Because after so many hours of repeating and brain washing it becomes a habit which is hard to remove.

True skill is when you can do all sports without practice. True skill is when you can do everything!

See "The Pretender" series on TV, he can do anything and he doesn't need practice.
You need to know how everything works instead of just scraping the surface by practicing something you don't fully understand.

If you know how the human body works you know how to take it to the limit, and then you know that knowledge is far more important than practice. The more you practice the more you sacrifice adaptability. Adaptability is what the true skill is. Practice makes you worse because you become brainwashed and can't unlearn it to learn new things, just look how messed up all those athletes are. They can only think of the sport they are practicing.

As I said, open-minded adaptability is true skill. If you have that you can learn things in a few minutes because you aren't biased and brainwashed. You need to be "fresh" and neutral so you can adapt to anything at any time.

Spoken like a true idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back