How to disable private messaging?
Jul 29, 2010 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
I am no longer able to locate settings controlling private messaging, disabling them that is.
Is it another regression in the new software, or are the settings hidden somewhere I have not found?

Something like this (taken from another forum running vBulletin, just like the previous Head-Fi forum):

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 11
I searched far and wide when Asr posted a similar thread, but found a shocking.. nothing. Regression indeed.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 11
Ok, thanks for confirming.

Bummer!
mad.gif

Jul 31, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 11
Kai is very friendly, but being a sort of forum personality I'm sure he gets quite a few pms. I've sent him a few in the past regarding stats and pie in the sky upgrades. He answered them very courteously, but I can only imagine the volume he must get.

Jul 31, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 11
I consider myself to be friendly, at least most of the time. :)

But I am about to loose my temper over this forum software. The administrators do not seem to watch this sub-forum, they do not respond or take on bug reports, regressions, feature requests and such. It has been almost 3 months since that last happened...

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Aren't the people at Huddler supposed to be taking care of the bugs, features and upgrades?

Doubtful. Head-Fi has now been fully assimilated. I wouldn't be surprised if the Huddler "platform partners" have found another site to add to their growing financial portfolio and are utilizing the majority of their resources for that quest.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #9 of 11
Damn, this is annoying!
I have a certain member in my ignore list, and he just keep on sending me pointless PM's. Neither do the PM system respect the ignore list, blocking members from sending me PM's. And nether is there a way to disable PM's or the pop-up taking over the screen every time I receive one.

** Shakes head **

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
Damn, this is annoying!
I have a certain member in my ignore list, and he just keep on sending me pointless PM's. Neither do the PM system respect the ignore list, blocking members from sending me PM's. And nether is there a way to disable PM's or the pop-up taking over the screen every time I receive one.

** Shakes head **

I hate the pop-ups, and the situation you're describing would be seriously annoying. Whoever's sending you those irritating PMs needs to get a life. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back