How to delete songs/folders in foobar?
Feb 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #16 of 26
When I delete the last file in a particular folder foobar200 posts up a message telling me there is an empty folder and do i want to delete it.

I wouldn't want foobar2000 to automatically delete empty folders without telling me. I might want to keep it.

Anyway there is nothing to stop you searching for and deleting empty folders using file operations. Although I make it a habit to only delete files in my music collection outside any media player.. It's a lot safer that way.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #18 of 26
I am doing the file operations route.  There is an empty folder.

There is nothing asking me that I have an empty folder to delete.

I also notice if a song has the wrong album name and I rename it, Foobar still keeps the song inside the old folder.

For example.

Shape of my Heart by Sting - Album Ten Summoners Talez < z instead of s so I change the album title to 'Ten Summoners Tales' in Foobar.

In my music folder there is still a folder called 'Ten Summoners Talez' and the song still remains in there.

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #19 of 26
I believe the media player Songbird has a feature that will take how everything is tagged in your media library in the program, and create/remove folders and organize your library accordingly. Definitely back up all your music before doing this though...

Other than that, no media player is generally going to mess with your folder names or delete them once they're empty.

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #20 of 26
Funny cause i tried it exactly as you said and it did what you said and i done it three times the way i described and foobar works fine deletes folders, changes file names, updates in my library. you just have to do it threw the album library instead of the play list

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
Funny cause i tried it exactly as you said and it did what you said and i done it three times the way i described and foobar works fine deletes folders, changes file names, updates in my library. you just have to do it threw the album library instead of the play list

Ok maybe we are talking about different things?  I have no playlists.

I am using Columns UI so I have a 'library' similar to iTunes where I can scroll through all my music.  Is that still considered a 'playlist' ?

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #22 of 26
technically yes from what i gathered, quote me if I'm wrong but if you open foobar on the top it says file,edit,view,library, select library, album list and make all your changes threw there and it should do what you want works the same way right click and go file operations, delete, etc.
but its threw the album folders instead of by play lists and allows you to see the songs in the folder and modify them

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #23 of 26
Well I got some help and managed to delete some stuff but I am still having problems.

The track list does not line up properly.

Track 3
Track 11
Track 1

It should be 1, 3, 11.

When you look at the album from the columns UI 'Library' it is correct.  But if you use the quick search bar and type in the album name the track list is broken.  ONLY that album though.  Any other album and the tracks are in order.

I am also noticing a long of genres getting screwed up when I bring my music over from iTunes.

I had a 2pac song that was clearly labelled as 'Rap & Hip-Hop.'  When it was added to Foobar the genre changed to '17.'  I was able to change it no problem but I don't understand why it did that in the first place.

I also tried to change the details of one song.  They changed in Foobar, but the actual file in windows explorer did not update?  Why not.  It worked earlier with another song.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #24 of 26
the genre changing is probably cause by the tagging options in foobar you can just delete the tagging option in the options page. yes foobar has a bit of a learning curve, but there's a lot you can do with it, its totally customizable to how you see fit its just learning how to use all the options that takes the time and a lot of it is trial and error (thank god they put that "default page" button there used it a lot learning the LCD commands for my logitech keyboard. )

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #25 of 26
What do you mean by the tagging options?  Like I said the genres were fine in iTunes.  So what exactly changed it from something like 'Rap' to '17'.  That makes no sense.  It only did it with a few random songs.  Not full albums.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
What do you mean by the tagging options?  Like I said the genres were fine in iTunes.  So what exactly changed it from something like 'Rap' to '17'.  That makes no sense.  It only did it with a few random songs.  Not full albums.

from what i gather foobar uses its own tagging script to tag mp3 as you add them to your library and you can change the setting for the tagging in your preferences or by pushing "ctrl p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back