How to cure the twisted/ tangled headphone cord?
Oct 23, 2006 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
My Beyerdynamic (DT831) has a main coiled cord with two straight cords that connected to each earcups. The coiled cord itself is fine while these straight cords have started to twisted and tangled in, no matter how I try to untwist them. I dont want to untwist them by hand either since I doubt that will put more fatigue in the internal wires when they are subjected to twisted/untwisted too many times.

You guys have any idea or trick to cure these?

Thanks,
NEO

Oct 23, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 5
None of you have this problem at all?
blink.gif

Oct 23, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 5
I have the same problem with my MS1, and have read it is a common problem with all Grados. If your Beyers are like my MS1, meaning that the earcups themselves can keep rotating to their whim;s content, simply rotate the earcups until the twisting is gone. At first I thought it was an irrepairable situation, but it can be done. Like I said, just spin the earcups until the cords are straights, don't try to untwist the cord itself without rotating the earcups, you will never get anywhere and might even end up causing damage to the internal wires.

This is all in assumption your Beyers are wired the same way Grado's are. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back