How to clean the HD 555?
Aug 9, 2008 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

targetmaster

New Head-Fier
My 555s has a lot of lint and dust on the cloth ear pads. What can I do to get rid of them.

thanks
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
air can?

Wouldn't want to use one of these near the drivers.

The pads come off, they don't feel like they will, but they will. You can clean them with some shampoo and water, making sure to rinse out the soap.
Then tie them to abit of string to dry outside.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 16
lint brush or the tape method ....i would be very very very careful blowing compressed air into your headphone. Just in case dont want to blow something lose inside the driver area...

If you remove the pad from the headphone, then blow away...

Aug 10, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 16
Remove the ear pad and wash with water and some soap/shampoo, whatever you like. Rinse really well and air dry.
You could remove the inner grill using a knife or small flathead screw driver. Clean this out however you want. Use a rag/paper towel to clean the inside of the headphone.
Complete!

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #14 of 16
Is it possible that my model, which is a few years old, doesn't work like that?
To get the muff off, i really had to pull off plastic/glue outer lining. Now there is nothing that would make it stick when pushing it back on.

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #15 of 16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iom8Vzx4TnA check this out, non-invasive and fast.

DON'T EVER USE AIR CAN, don't even blow hard... Diaphragms are very delicate things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back