how to clean headphones?
Mar 24, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's better to have a thread resurrected to continue discussion of one topic than to start a new one, IMO. At least this way, perhaps the entirety of Head-Fi's pad-cleaning knowledge will be stored within one convenient thread, rather than many.
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah. Like "what headphone is best for me" discussions?
tongue.gif

Edit: but props to that new member for at least using the Search function.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah. Like "what headphone is best for me" discussions?
tongue.gif

I'd agree with you but I posted a couple of those myself.
redface.gif
I'm not proud of it, but I think the thing is, unless someone makes a recommendation directed at you, it's hard to feel confident about your decision.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and $5 says the champion who revived it not only never comes back to read the responses, but never posts on head-fi again (because thats how awesome the average new member is)

Sweet! Please send the $5 to my PayPal account: stand[underscore]1998@hotmail.com

Thanks for the tips guys. Yes I'm new, been trying to dissect this mountain of information for a few weeks now. Yes I know how to search, and use it frequently to avoid thread crapping. Yes I resurrected this thread based on my search results. YES I even subscribed to the thread to followup with posts! And finally, yes I came back to post again! You are right, I am the champion
wink.gif

I have a used pair of Senn HD 595 coming my way thanks to this forum, and because I'm picky on cleanliness, I was looking for information on cleaning.

Some great tips here, again, thank you!

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy thread resurrection!

Sheiße!
very_evil_smiley.gif

...and more than 7 years as well.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #25 of 25
Anybody has an idea how to clean inside the headphones cup ? Especially the area around the driver assembly and even within it ? How to get the dust and dirt out without destroying the very fragile diaphragm ? One head-fi member lost very expensive headphones when a vacuum cleaner was used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back