How to approach women / girls thread
Dec 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #91 of 156
Usually the one for you can't be sought. It just happens. Actively looking will result in frustration and desperation. Just enjoy life and when she comes along, you'll know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #92 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by wantmyf1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AmanGeorge, glad I didn't offend you by linking your comments to "The Game". There's a lot of stuff in there that's quite insulting to women. Some of it you could describe as mysoginistic. But there's some good insights too. I think one of the most important ones is similar to what Ub3rMario said: Don't put the woman on a pedestal. There are other reasons mentioned in the book as to why you shouldn't do this but one of the more kinder reasons is that if you see the woman as being above you, you'll get nervous, fidgety, tongue-tied and/or other things you do when you're anxious. You need to treat her as just another person so your best can be allowed to come out. Not fake or shallow, just your best.

BTW, I've been happily married for 12 years (yes, to the same woman
smily_headphones1.gif
) and couldn't imagine life without my wife!

I agree with most of what you said, including that elements of the stuff in the Game come off as very mysoginistic. My point is that there's a lot you can take from what the Game talks about while leaving the mysogeny behind, including, most importantly, not putting women on a pedestal.

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #94 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is this book worth a read or is there too small of a amount of material that is useful from it to read through all the lines?

Glad I could help.
smily_headphones1.gif

I would say there's more stuff of use in there than just the few lines that I and AmanGeorge have told you. Another useful bit for you is how to act before you ever see the girl you want to approach. There's quite a bit so I won't get into it here, but take a look if you want.

If nothing else it's a pretty interesting and entertaining read! The guy who wrote it was a journalist who went inside one of these groups so it's kind of an outsider's insider view, if that makes any sense. Just be careful to separate the good from the bad
wink.gif
Some of it's useful but I think you'd have to be lower than pond slime to use other sections. And other parts are just an interesting story.

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #96 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with most of what you said, including that elements of the stuff in the Game come off as very mysoginistic. My point is that there's a lot you can take from what the Game talks about while leaving the mysogeny behind, including, most importantly, not putting women on a pedestal.

I was never trying to imply that there wasn't useful advice in The Game. I wouldn't even have brought it up if I didn't think there was something useful in it. I just wanted to make it clear that I was advising some caution on implementing a lot of the techniques suggested and that I personally didn't agree with much of what the book reports. But as I said in my previous post, even if you get no useful information it's at least an entertaining read.

I would also like to recommend it to the female members here. Are there any? *crickets, crickets*.
beyersmile.png
OK, well just, in case, it provides a lot of information and may help you recognize if someone is using some of the less kind techniques to try to manipulate you!

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #99 of 156
Just make sure you absorb the right things. It's not about the games they play, or the tactics or lines they use, it's about the mindsets they bring to the table when going out - adapt those to how they best fit you.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #101 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usually the one for you can't be sought. It just happens. Actively looking will result in frustration and desperation. Just enjoy life and when she comes along, you'll know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Bingo.

Dec 17, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #102 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bingo.

This was advice given to me from a very close friend. And now I pass it along to all of you.
tongue.gif
It's worked quite well.

Dec 17, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #104 of 156
Just a bit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back