How to approach women / girls thread
Dec 16, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #46 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me, the one you can't stop talking to is the one you should date.

I couldn't agree more!

I think that one of the more important points for me is trying to express my emotions to girls that I fancy. I usually get to be pretty good friends with them, but I can never pull it together to get to the 'next level.'

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #48 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep staring at her until she initiates contact.

Wait, if I look at a girl, she'll come talk to me? Holy smokes, I've been doing it all wrong all along.

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #49 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't agree more!

I think that one of the more important points for me is trying to express my emotions to girls that I fancy. I usually get to be pretty good friends with them, but I can never pull it together to get to the 'next level.'

Well, I had the fortune of marrying my best friend. I have always believed that best friends make best spouses, because one tends to know people better if there is no pressure to play the base rounding game.

In this sense, the fact that you have many good friends of the opposite gender means that you have many great relationships that can evolve into a very satisfying relationship in the future. It's not a question of pulling it together; it's more of a letting things mature and evolve. If it is meant to happen, both of you will realize it.

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #50 of 156
i didn't want to get involved in this thread, lol, but ^^^ +1.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #52 of 156
you can start by befriending your friends' gfs. don't end up dating them, though, because then you'll have an angry friend. lol.
(trust me)

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #53 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by etiolate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can start by befriending your friends' gfs. don't end up dating them, though, because then you'll have an angry friend. lol.
(trust me)

That sounds very risky. I am not sure that would be advisable. Could lead to a blame game if they broke up.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #54 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't agree more!

Go for the hand. Or, rather, touch her briefly on the arm or shoulder a few times while making a point, telling a joke, etc. If she pulls back, don't push it. If it feels OK, put your hand on hers. She can pull away if she wants, but if she holds yours, then you can move it along to the next step. I know that sounds old-fashioned, etc., but it's a good way to figure out intentions without embarrassing you or her.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #55 of 156
^^Exactly. That's how I described it in my previous post, but with touching her back.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #57 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the best way to drive a conversation? Ask questions to them or try to find a good topic and let them converse about it?

I ask questions in order to find a good topic that we can both participate in. Musical tastes is a great one.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #58 of 156
this thread is adorable

unfortunately I have no good advice on how to pick up chicks because girls make no sense to me, I'd be up for answering questions if anybody is curious though.

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #59 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the best way to drive a conversation? Ask questions to them or try to find a good topic and let them converse about it?

It should come naturally. Talk about the first thing that comes to mind. Perhaps ask her questions to get to know her better and tell her a little about yourself in return. Just don't talk too much about yourself or hijack the conversation. Let her have a chance to speak. The conversation should flow and deviate to different topics on it's own. If you try to "drive" the conversation, it will come out feeling forced. Witty comments and a little humor here and there will spice it up and make it fun. Making her smile and laugh is a VERY big plus. Charm is very crucial.

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #60 of 156
Depends entirely on what OP is looking for in a girl.

I am personally not interested in relationships (due to my current life situation my future is rather unclear), but I do pick up girls from bars/clubs once in a while. Confidence is most important. I would not recommend staring at girls as this generally makes you look like a stalker.

Everyone has their only style, to try to adapt someone else's would feel strange. What I tend to do is make eye contact and smile or sometimes smile and wink at the girl I am interested in. I have also "proposed toasts" from long distances (lifted my glass). If I get any positive reactions, for example a blush, smiling back or a returned toast I will probably go talk with her later. Not straight away, but for example if my friend is getting a drink or going to the toilet. It would be too intimidating just to stand up and start walking towards her while she is looking.

I like to ask rather random, sometimes even offensive questions. Girls don't really expect that. If they look too shocked I'll just laugh and say it was a joke and "how are you?". If they respond to the question I have already started an interesting conversation.

Being well-groomed is not really that necessary (at least not considering facial hair), girls (at least here in Finland) seem to like a manly looking guy, and a little beard never hurts. Besides if you are always cleanly shaved with perfect hair and a neat ironed shirt it might seem like you are trying a bit too hard. This though depends on the age-group in question. Personally I am 21.

Good luck OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back