How the HELL do you guys do it?
Feb 22, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #46 of 89
What I always do is sell other stuff to get money for what I want now. So I sold some extra speakers I had left, a guitar amp that was redundent now with my PodXT, some headphones, old receiver+cdplayer etc. all to get some money back that I can put in new stuff like a PS1000. Offcourse you will always have to put in some of your own $$$, but I try to keep that to a minimum.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #47 of 89
I jumped almost straight in at the top end with some of the profits when I sold a piece of land 3½ years ago that had trippled in value in the 3 years since I bought it. Just in time before the property crash. Have been mostly breaking even on buying and selling stuff here on head-fi since then.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #48 of 89
Just enjoy your purchase. Music is pretty much a lifetime thing.
If you still feel guilty, good - because that prevents you from splurging like a drunk Head-Fi'er.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #49 of 89
I can't help but buy when I found some headphones that really attract me.

But the saddest thing for me is that I found I need to improve my ears first when I heard my upgraded system.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #50 of 89
the trick to not feel bad about your purchase, is to spend MORE time on head-fi
wink.gif
think about all the poor saps that are in credit card debt for their Orpheus setup, and all of your troubles will disappear
biggrin.gif

these guys speak the truth, when they say that so long as you are enjoying the music, then it has all been worth while. dont ever forget that

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #51 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti-Hero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the first time I spent over $100 on headphones. It was a big step for me. Just not shure if it was a good step or a bad step.

$100!!

You need to leave and come back when you're serious about this!

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #52 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$100!!

You need to leave and come back when you're serious about this!

LMAO!! $100 does seem like peanuts to some. But to others that may represent a significant sacrifice. That $100 may be relative to $1000 for you or me, in which case you could say the spender of the $100 was very serious
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #53 of 89
i wish i was satisfied by just spending $100.

honestly..there is one life ..and if u dont experience true power of music in it..then its a waste.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #54 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wish i was satisfied by just spending $100.

honestly..there is one life ..and if u dont experience true power of music in it..then its a waste.

some might argue the same thing for traveling to exotic locals, or experiencing world class cuisines

i guess the real trick is to be born into a vast fortune :S

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #55 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some might argue the same thing for traveling to exotic locals, or experiencing world class cuisines

i guess the real trick is to be born into a vast fortune :S

Obama Bucks BayBeeee!!!

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #57 of 89
I could get hit by a car in 2 months, I need that PS1000 asap, before its too late....

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #58 of 89
i am not employed..and i dont plan to be too long when my college ends.

if a job was my career..i wud have to throw myself from a skyscraper.

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #60 of 89
Looking at audio as a pay by the hour entertainment, it's money well spent. As far as keeping initial costs down, patience and thorough research should keep the purchase price very close to re-sale price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back