How often do you replace your grado bowl pads?
Sep 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kite7

Headphoneus Supremus
I am curious to know how often the pads need changing from regular use. I think my bowl pads are about a year and a half old at least. The inner edges look thinner but I can't say for sure unless I were to buy new bowls and compare. How old are your bowl pads and how would you rate the condiion?

Oct 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 4
I've had the original foams on my SR80s for probably 10 yrs or close to it.  I noticed them disintegrating for the first time just this past month, but it probably started earlier.  So I'm shopping for replacement foam and trying to see what the bottom line consensus around here seems to be for which foams to get.

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 4
Got about 7 years out of the original set, am now about 2 years into the replacement set which are still in great shape.

IMHO the true Grado sound only comes with the bowls (which however need to be worn ON the ears), but many others disagree. If you want comfort above all, forget the S-cush and go for the HD414 pads.

Oct 17, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 4
My first set went 6 years, then developed the dreaded dandruff. I don't notice any sound degradation as they age - my call would be to leave them till they start to crumble.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back