How much space have you used up on your portable source?
Jun 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #46 of 51
I've used up 13.7/74.3 GB on my Classic 80

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #47 of 51
5.9 gigs on my 8gb iPod Nano, but like others in this thread, not all my music is ripped, nor is all of what is ripped on the iPod. Just what I listen to most.

For reasons partially related to storage but more related to other things (like the 3-gen Nano's ridiculously sensitive volume slider) I'm getting ready to unload this little guy and probably toss a 32gb CF card in a 2-gen Mini.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #48 of 51
Ive got 14Gb free on my 160Gb Classic, and a fair few more CD's to rip. Once the warranty runs out ill upgrade the HD and the battery hopefully.

Jun 28, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #50 of 51
have filled up my 80gb classic with my favorite 700 odd albums at around 192kbps. (72 zappa albums at 320kbps). inc cd and vinyl rips. i could easily fill up a 160gb ipod, but i would never listen to all the music. even with 700 odd albums, most of them get good listening rotation.

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's another, slightly off topic question. To those of you with space left, why do you keep it open? For other music that may come up in the future (my reason), or not enough music that you wnat, or you don't own enough muisc to fill your DAP? Or another reason I haven't thought of.

Just curious.

i just freed up some space on mine and my main reason for having space open is for future music that will come. i hate not having space for an album or two that could have me hooked in the future.

looking at freeing up some space tonight on mine to put some bach
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back