How much space have you used up on your portable source?
Jun 25, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #31 of 51
I got my A818 today and I am in love with this player. Just nice and simple but amazing. It blows my D2 away, IMO of course.

But I just transferred 6.5 or so GB to it via WMP and while I wish I had more space, I think this will be okay for awhile. I do hate only having a little less than a gig though...

Why is that? Do you guys really listen to all of your collection, or is it more of a, 'I have to have this on my player just in case' type feeling? For me, it's more of a, 'I have to have this on my player' type thing. I don't listen to all of it, but I just feel like I need to put so and so on there because it's a necessity to me.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #32 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by souledout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my A818 today and I am in love with this player. Just nice and simple but amazing. It blows my D2 away, IMO of course.

But I just transferred 6.5 or so GB to it via WMP and while I wish I had more space, I think this will be okay for awhile. I do hate only having a little less than a gig though...

Why is that? Do you guys really listen to all of your collection, or is it more of a, 'I have to have this on my player just in case' type feeling? For me, it's more of a, 'I have to have this on my player' type thing. I don't listen to all of it, but I just feel like I need to put so and so on there because it's a necessity to me.

I Just listen to everything I got depending on how I feel at the moment, I hate to have to switch music and thing about what I might want to listen while I'm away. I just have everything and listen to whatever I want whenever I want. You know these moments when you think "oh, it would be so nice to listen to (artist/group)" while doing something?

I had the old minidisk (before Hi-MD) and had my share of choosing/switching music. I had like 10 MD sorted by genre with number on them and I had a cuecard with those to remember what was on each MD. I won't go back to this. It was so troublesome and SonicStage is not the most user friendly software (atrac3plus encoding)

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #33 of 51
32gig of my 32gig iPod Touch (MP3s only, no video).

Library consists of 80gig of 192kbps MP3s.

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's nice! How do you charge them all? I would suggest a powered usb hub so you can plug 4 at the same time and you don't need any computer or a/c adaptor.

I use them in the car and in the dock at work and at home. They rarely run on batteries, so they are always charged.

See ya
Steve

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Just listen to everything I got depending on how I feel at the moment, I hate to have to switch music and thing about what I might want to listen while I'm away. I just have everything and listen to whatever I want whenever I want. You know these moments when you think "oh, it would be so nice to listen to (artist/group)" while doing something?

Yeah, that is how I am. While I love the player and is my favorite player I've ever had, the 8GB is barely enough for me. Today I was driving in my car listening to one of my mix CDs and I thought to myself, wow I didn't put this on my Walkman. I hate that feeling that I am on the edge of the capacity of the player and can only add a few albums. Then what if a new album comes out, then I'll have to go back and delete some albums just so i can fit the new one. Sucks, but hey, I am loving every minute of this player
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #36 of 51
I've 102g on my Ipod 160gb

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #39 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2gb on my 2gb clip

and 8gb on my 8gb p2. I'm seriously of thinking of going back to the classic.. i'll wait until the 250 gb.

I thought about getting a Classic just for the space, but I am loving the new Sony players way too much. Hopefully Sony comes out with a player with SDHC support or high capacity.

I just filled up my A818 (only like 7x mb left)
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #42 of 51
I have an iAudio 7 (16 GB version), about 10 GB is currently in use now. Allmost everything is 320 kbps CBR.

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #43 of 51
Right now I think on my 4 GB 2ng Gen iPod nano I have maybe 180 MB free, but I can free up another 440MB or so from pimsleur's japanese stuff if things get too full. I really want my iPod to last me until the new Ipods/other mp3 players are out and have had some time to deal with quality control issues.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #44 of 51
12.6 GB on my 32 GB Zen...

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #45 of 51
Here's another, slightly off topic question. To those of you with space left, why do you keep it open? For other music that may come up in the future (my reason), or not enough music that you wnat, or you don't own enough muisc to fill your DAP? Or another reason I haven't thought of.

Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back