How much space have you used up on your portable source?
Jun 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #17 of 51
Approaching 75 GB on my iPod Classic 160. About 80% lossless with lots of 320 Mp3s along with several podcast subscriptions (example, NPR's "This American Life" and "Fresh Air"--most I haven't yet listened to). This will increase significantly once I start seriously digitizing my vinyl.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #20 of 51
Less than half of my 20 GB limit on my HD5, I put some of my custom music onto it in ATRAC3Plus 64K (after first uploading it on to my PC off of my MiniDiscs using my MZ-RH1/M200), and that is why I have so much room left on it. I only carry certain MDs on it, and as for the rest on my CD collection, I've got my arsenal of CD, MD and Hi-MD players and recorders.

It's always nice to have options.

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #23 of 51
4-3 GB left on Zune 80.
almost 10,000 tracks in a full spectrum of bitrates and a bunch of video podcasts. :-/

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #25 of 51
I have 120 gigs of portable music on seven iPods organized by music type.

See ya
Steve

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #26 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 120 gigs of portable music on seven iPods organized by music type.

See ya
Steve

So, each iPod contains a different music type?

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #27 of 51
i used about 60GB of space on my recently ditched 5.5g 80gb ipod, now i have a cowon D2 with 4GB internal, and after an hour that was gone, im now waiting on my transcend card to arrive, but im gonna need 3 or 4 to be satisfied.

its a bugger to start all over again, but then again, the D2 simply sounds better so its worth it. unfortunately i cant use lossless tho ive had to settle for 320kb OGG

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #28 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, each iPod contains a different music type?

Yes... Popular music and pop vocals, jazz, country and folk, blues/r&b/rock n roll, classical, ethnic, and radio shows/comedy. I added wrong too... it's over 500 gigs.

See ya
Steve

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #29 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes... Popular music and pop vocals, jazz, country and folk, blues/r&b/rock n roll, classical, ethnic, and radio shows/comedy. I added wrong too... it's over 500 gigs.

See ya
Steve

That's nice! How do you charge them all? I would suggest a powered usb hub so you can plug 4 at the same time and you don't need any computer or a/c adaptor.

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #30 of 51
Lack of disk space is a constant problem - I have about 65GB between my two players, and they are 95% full. I try to keep a little open space for emergencies and the Cowon voice recorder. I have at least three times that on my PC, and I haven't finished my CD conversions, yet.

I'll have to mull over Bigshot's solution - I don't know how cost effective that is, however. Would be good for instant hardware backups / parts, I'll admit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back