how much noise reduction is enough?
Nov 18, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #16 of 21
Welcome to the forum goDonato :3

If all you're trying to do is block out your kids, I don't think you need all that much isolation. Etymotics are recommended for people going to shopping centres and subway trains, and I'm pretty sure your kids are not hat monstrous. You also did state you wanted a bit of bass, so I would hesitate to go with the suggestion of Etymotics. You don't really need the extreme of isolation they provide.

I think that any IEM will suit you, as long as it isn't vented or ported. Even on the vented IEM's I have, if I have them on playing music, someone can be talking right next to me and I won't hear them. So it shouldn't be a problem - just choose something that you think you like the description of the sound of.

Hope that helps!

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 21

Welcome to the forum goDonato :3

If all you're trying to do is block out your kids, I don't think you need all that much isolation. Etymotics are recommended for people going to shopping centres and subway trains, and I'm pretty sure your kids are not hat monstrous. You also did state you wanted a bit of bass, so I would hesitate to go with the suggestion of Etymotics. You don't really need the extreme of isolation they provide.

I think that any IEM will suit you, as long as it isn't vented or ported. Even on the vented IEM's I have, if I have them on playing music, someone can be talking right next to me and I won't hear them. So it shouldn't be a problem - just choose something that you think you like the description of the sound of.

Hope that helps!

No, they're great kids and your right I probably don't much isolation. This is a great forum and I think I'm heading in the right direction. Thanks all!
-dMR

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Quote:
No, they're great kids and your right I probably don't much isolation. This is a great forum and I think I'm heading in the right direction. Thanks all!-dMR

I'm glad you're liking the forum..be warned though..if you have no will power your wallet will start to hate you lol

I have will power.

I use my will power to ignore the shrieks of my wallet though.

It requires a LOT of will power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back