How much music do you listen to? Daily/Weekly?
Apr 12, 2007 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Icarium

Headphoneus Supremus
This thread has probably been done before, just curious.

I listen to roughly 8-11 hrs a day. On average 5-6 hrs at work and 3-5 hrs at home. On weekends probably similar depending on if I go out or not.

It adds up.

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has probably been done before, just curious.

I listen to roughly 8-11 hrs a day. On average 5-6 hrs at work and 3-5 hrs at home. On weekends probably similar depending on if I go out or not.

It adds up.

I listen to music all day long. At work we get a good mix of iPod, Sirius, FM radio, CDs and old cassette tapes that one of the older guys brings in. We've listened to everything from Pure Prairie League to Pantera. Having music at work is a pretty integral part of being able to enjoy the labor a little.

When I get home I usually listen to music for anywhere from 2-6 hours. Sometimes I'll go through a phase of not listening to any music for a few days. I think of it as just reseting my desire to listen. Lately I've been listening in excess of 6 hours a night when I get home from work due to my new found obsession with vinyl.
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 49
Its kinda hard to listen to music in class, but when I get home it tends to average about 3-5 hours.

Apr 12, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 49
I probably listen 3 to 4 hours a day. I've always had music at work, but lately I've been wondering if it might be better to actually not listen all the time. When it becomes only an album or 2 a day, you tend to pay attention more and apprectiate it more. Lots of times, if I listen to music at work all day long, I go home to my expensive stereo and end up turning on the 13" TV instead. So I try to moderate during the day now.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 49
As much as I can. After a dose of Bob and Tom, NPR, occasionally talk (politics) I go right to the music. Evening news and back to the music, to bed with music.
Probably 10-12 hrs a day. Hp wise, maybe 8 hrs day. Weekends depends on family commitments. I have even been known to bring iems to church.
plainface.gif
Come on, after 50 years, it starts sounding the same.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 49
I can't listen to music at work, anyway i prefer listening to music when i get home.

On average 1-2 hours almost daily except weekends and holidays : 3-4 hours like today for example.

Greetings

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #11 of 49
7-8 hours a day, maybe more. Which adds up to 50-60 hours a week.

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #14 of 49
Goodness, some of you guys are hardcore. If I listened to music eight hours a day, burn out would set in pretty soon. I'm envious.

I average about 10 to 15 hours a week with at least a couple days off in that span to recharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back