How much music do you listen to? Daily/Weekly?
Apr 16, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #31 of 49
At least one cd, sometimes two when my roommates go to sleep and i can turn off all the lights and really listen in silence.

Passively around an hour and a half.

I simply cannot drive without listening to a cd of some kind.

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #32 of 49
As much as I would love to, I cannot listen to music all the time like many of you do.

For one, I like to immerse myself in the music and I simply cannot do that when I work. When I listen to music I prefer it to be a forground process that has my complete attention. I can do other things but only in the background.

All that said, I do listen every chance I get. I probably do about 3 hours per day of critical listening during the week. About 10 to 14 hours over weekends, occasionally more.

The sheer enjoyment I get from it is enough to justify the money I spend on this hobby, so I don't feel the need to listen more. To me its a quality versus quantity statement. I make excellent use of every second I spend wearing headphones.

I'm taking a week off of work next week. And most of that time will be spent listening to music through a new tube amp that I am expecting to arrive this week. I also have a lot of new music on order for the occasion. Richard Wagner's Der Ringdes Nibelungen, Herbert Karajan conducting the Berlin Philharmonic in all 14CDs of glory came in the mail today. It's going to be hard to resist sampling it before next week. But I want it to be a special occasion so I will wait.

--Jerome

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #33 of 49
i dont watch too much TV, but Im always jammin'
biggrin.gif
. I probably listen 4 to 5 hours a day.

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #34 of 49
I listen 23 and half hours per day, I don't hear the music when I'm flushing the toilet... I could listen 24 hours per day but I don't want my chair to get sticky.

I keep my K1000 burning in 24/7 and I hear music when I sleep, does that count?
I'm wearing the K1000 on my head about 10 hours per day.

Apr 17, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #37 of 49
Somewhere around 6-7 hours a day at work. Maybe another 2-3 hours at home if the mood strikes me.

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #38 of 49
At least 3 to 4 hours a day,on weekends more like 6 to 8 hours a day.

Apr 18, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #39 of 49
I think about 6-7 hrs a day. When I have a day off it could get 10-12 hrs. If I don't have anything particular to do. That also goes for the rest of the week.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:52 AM Post #40 of 49
Probably between 5 to 12 hours per day, depending on the day.
I usually have my PC playing music when it's quiet or when I have free time, and whenever I commute (~1hr) I use my portable stuff.
At night is my favourite listening time, since then I can fully concentrate on the music, or just let it flow into me without having to do anything or paying attention to my vision.
smily_headphones1.gif

Like that I usually listen from between 23:00 up to 0:00-1:00 or so, and sometimes even up to 3:00 when I'm already half asleep, it's very relaxing.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #44 of 49
LOL! While I love music, I just don't get the point in having it on 18/24 hrs a day.....surely all we're talking about then is wallpaper?

or........eeeekkk!.............muzak!

(
biggrin.gif
flame suit on
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back