How much money do you need to spend....
Nov 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kkennally

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]How much money do you need to spend to get a product that does not have blatant physical flaws? [/size]
[size=medium]I was disappointed on my first pair of cans that I spent $300.00 on so I decided to spend $700.00 and I am still not there yet.[/size]
[size=medium]Should I just except defeat?[/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 19
tell them you want exchange for a pair that looks better physically. that would bother me as well.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 19
Well, if you want a cosmetically flawless product you should avoid Grado at all times. Their QC is horrible (if they even have one?!)
They would be out of business decades ago if they didn't sound so damn good.
I'm hunting for a used RS1, but only because that way I actually get so see the cosmetic condition before I buy it! Grado seriously needs to improve their QC if they wanna stay in business in the future. If you ask your customers pay so much money for an already overpriced product, at least make sure it 100% perfect!

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #4 of 19
[size=medium]Is it possible to change out the wood on one end? I may contact Grado and show them the  picture but I do not want to be without my phones for 2 weeks.[/size]
[size=medium]The wood is supposed to be admired so you would think that they could put a little effort in that area. [/size]

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 19
That is terrible. I am sorry man. My HiFIMAN HE-6 has 2 nicks on them, but Miss T. was nice enought to replace them for me. Just gotta wait.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:
Well, if you want a cosmetically flawless product you should avoid Grado at all times. Their QC is horrible (if they even have one?!)
I'm hunting for a used RS1, but only because that way I actually get so see the cosmetic condition before I buy it! Grado seriously needs to improve their QC if they wanna stay in business in the future. If you ask your customers pay so much money for an already overpriced product, at least make sure it 100% perfect!

This. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

x2

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #9 of 19
i'm sure they would exchange a pair of rs-1s rather than "fix" the one you already have. plus, the warranty covers manufacturing flaws, and that clearly is one. ps, which pair of $300 cans were you also unfortunate with?
popcorn.gif

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #10 of 19
SR325is I got the new "chrome" version that also had problems with the left driver.

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #11 of 19
UPDATE:
Grado has sent an email to me requesting me to send them back.
I consider this a good sign....

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #12 of 19
Refund?

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
UPDATE:
Grado has sent an email to me requesting me to send them back.
I consider this a good sign....

Great, i hope you get your headphones in mint condition this time. 
Otherwise...do what aizura said before, avoid grado...

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #14 of 19
For that money they should be perfect.I have spent £450 on grados and have not worried about taking a hacksaw to them when needed.
If you want physical perfection you'd best go for senns,they will be fine as long as you don't actually listen to them.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back