How much freq. do you hear? (20-20000)
Feb 5, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #16 of 67
I'm 21 and the highest I can hear is 18.5khz. Or at least, thats the highest my headphones can reproduce?
biggrin.gif
But nah, it's probably 18.5khz.

This is an awesome test for it: High Frequency Response and Hearing Test

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #17 of 67

I can hear 20-17 easily . . . after than it becomes very hard with severe attenuation up to 20kHz (which I can't hear). I'd say 19 is my last usable frequency, and is so attenuated that it's probably not even worth listing.

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #18 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_recording /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm 21 and the highest I can hear is 18.5khz. Or at least, thats the highest my headphones can reproduce?
biggrin.gif

I could hear 20k easy but nothing at 21k, was kinda weird.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #19 of 67
i hear 19,3kHz I'm 28
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #20 of 67
Quote:

biggrin.gif

This is a wonderful test. I recommend to everyone who is into audio.
In this test I can hear 18K and maybe 19K (very thin).
smile_phones.gif

Have you also tested the low freq. range? I am 26 and can hear to 13-14hz.

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #21 of 67
I've done a few of those tests, all of questionable quality, and found that I have a pretty sharp drop off in my hearing between 13kHz and 14kHz. This was done with Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 and a logitech USB DAC. I believe I arrived at these results after a couple of hearing tests on YouTube, so who knows the accuracy.

I also did one on a hearing website where you rated the relative loudness of frequencies, but I forget what the results were. I want to get my ears cleaned (and impressions made for custom molds) as see if that helps any. I'm only 24.

Feb 6, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #22 of 67
By both the tests posted in this thread im can hear up to ~19kHz and nothing after that.

I think thats pretty good considering im 24 and a cellist.

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #23 of 67
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Very cool site - thanks.

- I can actually hear the 17.4Khz 'mosquito' tones
- Can discern 1dB sound differences
- Can just 'feel' the rumble of a 10hz-20hz tone, then can hear it plainly at 30hz
- Dynamic test right at 66dB

Guess my ears (and my D2000's) are still working pretty good
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #24 of 67
IMO, these tests needs to be done through a bit-perfect audio-renderer...because you might just be hearing resampling artifacts from the Windows mixer...and/or dithering within the windows drivers.

BTW, this guys pwns us all:
sww-nobutosiKihara

TVK °1.7 : Sony's Who's Who
Quote:

Nobutosi KIHARA
Chief of Sony Kihara laboratory
Born 1926 in Tokyo ; joined Sony as mechanist after graduation from Wasada University.
Mr Kihara is able to hear up to 30kHz !

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #25 of 67
I can hear up to 3GHz. It is a terrible burden. Every bit of data sent over every type of wireless protocol - I hear it piercing my soul.

It's is a powerful gift, but with great power comes great responsibility. I use my gift to scan data packets for criminal activity. ...and of course when I'm not crime fighting I kick back with platinum diamond encrusted power cables floating in a tub of holy water.

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #26 of 67
jesus christ that noise is what bond villians use to kill henchmen who speakout against plans to destroy the world.

my pc seems unable to play really high frequencies without this other noise which is obviously not the supposed frequency.

seriously though, after listening to freq sweeps real music sounds a damn sight better
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #27 of 67
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Thanks for this test. I can hear up to 20KHz. Or my Logitech X-230/Sennheiser MX360/CX300-II can't play frequencies above that one...

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #28 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can hear up to 3GHz. It is a terrible burden. Every bit of data sent over every type of wireless protocol - I hear it piercing my soul.

It's is a powerful gift, but with great power comes great responsibility. I use my gift to scan data packets for criminal activity. ...and of course when I'm not crime fighting I kick back with platinum diamond encrusted power cables floating in a tub of holy water.

Lies. Those are EM waves, not sound waves.

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #29 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lies. Those are EM waves, not sound waves.

Yeah, well you haven't even *heard* them, so how would you know?

I, for one, look forward to rds' listening impressions of 802.11g vs. 802.11n.

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #30 of 67
I did the test, my hearing has deteriorated quite badly.

I can only hear in the frequency range 112-113 Hz

When people talk to me it sounds like a combination of dolphin clicks and whale song.

I am still a believer in cables though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back