How much did you spend on your teeth?
Jun 28, 2008 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Rednamalas1

Headphoneus Supremus
I finally visited my dentist today, and she said I have to get root canal done on two of my front teeth, fill it, crown it and extract my 2nd molar and do a tooth implant on it.
frown.gif

All this is going to cost me 5500$-7000$.

I brush 3-4 times a day, and floss 2-3 times a day. I never eat sweets or drink soda and yet this still happens. I hate my teeth.

Anybody have unusually weak teeth regardless of their regular cleaning efforts?

How much did you spend on dental fees so far?

I believe I spent about 13000$ to date, and I'm 26.

No audio gear for me this year!!
frown.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 35
umm better toothpaste? both my parents have awful teeth but that is from poor dental care when they were kids. i brush twice a day and have excellent teeth so far (sorry to boast
frown.gif
) but man if you have so many problems despite being so careful thats really messed up.

my mum just had her second molar removed as well but with our insurance it came out to 1500 for a bridge. the implant was going to come out to 3000 but the doctor suggested the bridge since she is a vegetarian and the implant wont offer any advantages over the bridge.

no eating sweets or drinking soda? thats kinda weak. hell, if i had bad teeth, i would drink even more soda
tongue.gif
:very evil: but sorry man. hope everything goes well from now on.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 35
Well lets see, I had braces twice, and for some reason they are not doing the job so now I have to get lumineers which is about 900 dollars a tooth and I need about 8 done so that means 7,200 that insurance will not cover, yay!

I have a very acidic mouth and the dentist says I get it from my parents, I brush 3 times daily and floss once and still I have similar problems. Actually the day after I get back from vacation, I have to get 2 root canals.

Oh yeah, I'm 17
frown.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #9 of 35
I have some type of hereditary condition in which my enamel is weaker than usual and thus more easily demineralized. My current dental bill is looking to be around $11,000, though some of that cost is for four "worst-case" root canals that might not be needed.

I am becoming more and more tempted to just let them fall out and get porcelain teeth like most of my family has done.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #10 of 35
Good timing on this thread. Just visited my dentist today and to my amazement I have to do fillings at $16 each tooth for 2 teeth. $16 out of my pocket and probably $1K out of Insurance.

You guys saying you spend $5k, $11K. Are you talking about out of your pocket straight up or what insurance is paying. Because that's why there is such a thing as insurance so you don't pay $11K, $20K.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 35
My teeth came free with my head, I got two sets actually.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good timing on this thread. Just visited my dentist today and to my amazement I have to do fillings at $16 each tooth for 2 teeth. $16 out of my pocket and probably $1K out of Insurance.

You guys saying you spend $5k, $11K. Are you talking about out of your pocket straight up or what insurance is paying. Because that's why there is such a thing as insurance so you don't pay $11K, $20K.

Heh, you've obviously never heard of a "limit." My parents have had many crowns done between them recently (to fix up old fillings), and most of it comes out of pocket. Dental insurance does not cover that much, sadly.

Also, I am really sorry for all you people who go through dental issues. I for one would not be able to handle it, because I am deathly afraid of needles, especially the mouth kind. I'd rather commit suicide than get stuck in the gums.

Oh, and I'd like to say that orthodontics is a scam. They get you while you're young, and then when your jaw grows, you need braces again (like me). I'll be damned if I'm going to let them put braces on me again (even though it would be at no cost). I mean, yes, the results are generally good, but they are complete money-grubbers. And the technicians are usually complete buffoons.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #14 of 35
Never heard there was a limit, then again, I never had any problems with my pearly whites. I always thought it was you pay for cosmetic and Insurance pay for other.

5, $10K, 20K on teeth is crazy, when I first read those I thought you were all getting Grillz. Silly me.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some type of hereditary condition in which my enamel is weaker than usual and thus more easily demineralized. My current dental bill is looking to be around $11,000, though some of that cost is for four "worst-case" root canals that might not be needed.

I am becoming more and more tempted to just let them fall out and get porcelain teeth like most of my family has done.

yup. Sounds like what my family has as well. Just really really brittle teeth and prone to cavities no matter what I do. One I have problem with - which I had root canals done previously - has further cavities beyond repair, so I'm thinking of either tooth implant or bridges. I haven't decided which just yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, reached my limit long time ago - I believe it was 2 root canals per year for 1000$ deductible with my previous plan. Now insurence company has decided that I don't take care of my teeth, and can no longer provide coverage. (which is weird, since I had so many problems with my teeth but I had zero scaling - due to obnoxious brushing and flossing). So far I had 14 root canals done, and 12 crowns. Now I add 1 pulled tooth + bridge/implant to my resume. Good times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, you've obviously never heard of a "limit." My parents have had many crowns done between them recently (to fix up old fillings), and most of it comes out of pocket. Dental insurance does not cover that much, sadly.

Also, I am really sorry for all you people who go through dental issues. I for one would not be able to handle it, because I am deathly afraid of needles, especially the mouth kind. I'd rather commit suicide than get stuck in the gums.

Oh, and I'd like to say that orthodontics is a scam. They get you while you're young, and then when your jaw grows, you need braces again (like me). I'll be damned if I'm going to let them put braces on me again (even though it would be at no cost). I mean, yes, the results are generally good, but they are complete money-grubbers. And the technicians are usually complete buffoons.

Insurence covered for root canals and stainless steel (!!) crowns apprently. Those last about 5 months before you replace them.

I'm thankful that I didn't have to have "bling" in my teeth, those look painful and sexually unattractive. Haven't they invented invisible ones yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back