How many tracks/albums in your music library?
Dec 16, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #76 of 107
I'm just short of 30,000 tracks now in AAC or MP3. A little less than half of that is duplicated in lossless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feNcheL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I'm pretty sure most of you don't even listen to all your music on a regular basis, some of the numbers mentioned here are just freaky.

At the rate I listen to music, it would take me a year to listen to my entire library. I've listened to 6100 unique tracks in the last 2 months (that's tracks that have been played at least once). Other than 70 of the 105 tracks I loaded yesterday, I've heard every one of the tracks at least once, the vast majority many more times. I've been buying CDs since '86, even though I didn't own a CD player until '87, so I've had a lot of time to accumulate CDs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MediaMonkey has that option too. It will show duplicate names or duplicate files. I found it is not very accurate though and misses a lot. How about iTunes? Does it find *all* duplicates? I've switched to JRiver MediaJukebox anyway and it doesn't have a find duplicate option. I prefer it because it is less buggy and has very quck access to the EQ and a few other DSPs.

iTunes identifies tracks with the same artist and track name as dups so it identifies some that aren't dups and it misses some that are. Most of the misses I get are albums I've accidentally ripped twice with different ripping tools, so different tags. I especially get it a lot with classical music.

I get a lot of false hits on tracks that are on compilations and live albums

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #80 of 107
7965 songs, 21.4 days, 120 gb

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #86 of 107
I'm still in the process of rating songs in Katie Melua - Pictures.
smile.gif

scrn.jpg

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #89 of 107
6051 and growing as I re-rip more stuff.

I had a hard drive crash from a year ago or so that I still haven't fully recovered from--now I live with a RAID 1 setup and would never go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back