How many starbucks are within 5 miles of your home?
Mar 31, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
I'm beginning to wonder if Starbucks is the largest land owner on the planet...

I don't think they are even close to the Catholic Church.

Mar 31, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #62 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
I don't think they are even close to the Catholic Church.

Still, I don't think you'd find 169 churches of Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration in a 5 mile radius. Kudos to those that get that one.

Mar 31, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #63 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay
I can't fathom having 169 Starbucks within 5 miles of anything. I mean they'd have to be every-other freaking store, absolutely rediculous if you ask me.

Well, when you have two Starbucks that are RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from each other (as is the case near my office), you can see how it's possible.
biggrin.gif

Down here in the Village, it seems like there's a Starbucks about every three blocks.

Mar 31, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #64 of 75
No Starbucks on PEI but there are at least 6 Tim Hortons within Charlottetown a city of about 40,000.

Mar 31, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #65 of 75
only like 2...I am in teh suburbs
wink.gif

I don't really go though. They are more expensive (and farther away) than dunkin donuts. I get the cheapest regular flavor coffee anyways, not double cappo-frappo-caffeino-speedo-chinos. (and no those aren't special pants)

(ty mindstorm)

Apr 1, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #66 of 75
Only two here as well. That's odd since I'm in the most affluent and fastest-growing end of town. Seems like a prime location.

BW

Apr 1, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #67 of 75
36 within 5 miles of my house. No surprise that there are so many, though, as I live in the middle of the fastest growing part of Denver. The only thing I like at Starbucks is their tea. Their coffee ranges from terrible to undrinkable and their espresso is only tolerable in the form of an Americano. They have spawned a series of imitators that try, and luckily fail, to best Starbucks as the worst coffee in America and none can even come close to their marketing. The stores themselves are pleasant and their barristas are friendly it's just the product that lacks. I like generic instant coffee better than Starbucks, at least the stuff isn't as overly strong and burnt-tasting.

Apr 1, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #68 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
Only two...and they're not close enough. I love the stuff, man.

smily_headphones1.gif

I have 5 nearby in West Orange, NJ.

RickG:

You should try Dillanos Roasters: http://www.dillanos.com . I've been drinking Starbucks for 3.5 years, but the Dillanos stuff is way smoother and flavorful! It's also a good couple of bucks cheaper per pound too!

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #70 of 75
120!

Unfortunately, I hate Starbucks' coffee
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #71 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Wow, I must be in the boonies in upper west side manhattan since i only have 149 in my radius.
tongue.gif

Yeah, come downtown. 175 within 5 miles of my office.

Only 63 near home, though.

I think at Astor place you can actually see four or five at the same time.

Apr 1, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #73 of 75
Only 2 here.

Scott

Apr 1, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #74 of 75
UW students sure do love their Starbucks Coffee.... and they don't have to walk very far for some either. 83 locations within 5 miles of campus
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #75 of 75
Just 2 here. But one is at the Target store where I used to work, so A) I don't consider it a StarBucks, and B) I do not and will not shop there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back