How many starbucks are within 5 miles of your home?
Mar 31, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 75
i live in canada we dont really ahve many starbucks here. Up here we have Tim Hortons, its kinda the same deal with Tim Hortons up here as you guys have. I have about 10 Tim Hortons around where i live. At One Intersection by my School we have 2 acroos the street from eachother.

Edit: I jsut remembered i do have 1, its in a Chapters books store.

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 75
18, counting the one they just built in the Union on my campus a few weeks ago
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #5 of 75
Merely 10 where I live, but the closest one is just across the street.

There are 167 within 5 miles of my office though.
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #6 of 75
0 for me. We have a lot of local coffee shops and the only chain that we have is Espresso Royale. I don't know if they're national or just local but there are 4 within a two-block radius of the Union. I have heard though that we are going to get our first Starbucks soon.

Back in Naperville, we actually did have a Starbucks across the street from a Starbucks. Lewis Black's first sign of the apocalypse.

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 75
b2b, it turns out that construction site next to the Pizza Hut on Green is going to be a Potbelly sandwich shop and a Starbucks, so that will be the first around here. But I'll probably be back in Maryland when it opens, which has 21 within a 5 mile radius of my apartment.

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras
i live in canada we dont really ahve many starbucks here. Up here we have Tim Hortons, its kinda the same deal with Tim Hortons up here as you guys have. I have about 10 Tim Hortons around where i live. At One Intersection by my School we have 2 acroos the street from eachother.

Tim Hortons is more like Dunkin' Donuts, though.

But yes, Tim Hortons are EVERYWHERE in Canada. (Except in the downtown core of Toronto. There are surprisingly few.)

Did you actually spell your username wrong on purpose?

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #10 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras

You insane? Dunno where in Ont you are, but Im in thornhill/markham border (think GTA), and i've got 10 within 5mile radius. I think there are less Tim's in tht radius!!!! (okay, thats a lie, but 10 Starbucks in 5 mile radius is still plenty).

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Tim Hortons is more like Dunkin' Donuts, though.

But yes, Tim Hortons are EVERYWHERE in Canada. (Except in the downtown core of Toronto. There are surprisingly few.)

Did you actually spell your username wrong on purpose?

Downtown you find only second cup and starbucks. Theres the occasional Tim's, but thats around Reyrson and UofT, since students cant afford overpriced coffee.

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #12 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by romesaz
Downtown you find only second cup and starbucks. Theres the occasional Tim's, but thats around Reyrson and UofT, since students cant afford overpriced coffee.

Yeah. Cater to your audience, I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #13 of 75
78. i need a higher number in the poll

edit: i just thought about that. 78?! Who the hell need 78 stores of ANY kind in one area?? Not to mention that I hate starbucks. Why do people feel the need to pay $4 for a cup of coffee? It doesn't even taste good. Blegh.

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #14 of 75
Umm...I voted 41-50 because that's the most you had on the poll...but looking at the Starbucks site, I have 169 Starbucks within 5 miles of me!!! My gosh. 3 of which are within 100 yards of my apartment.

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #15 of 75
1. Just opened a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back