How many songs do you have in your music library?
Oct 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #526 of 615
  ?

Is that the total amount of files on your desktop or just music? I somewhat find it hard to believe that it is music files you keep posting status update shots of fast growing files every few days, unless you're backing up everything or something?

That is my total amount of just music. I click on the 'audio' tab of JRiver and it spits out the total music files i have.

Lol, what did i win? 
tongue.gif

He does have that much. Brunk and I have exchanged music more than a few times. Ill send a 4TB and he ships it back with around 100MBs left lol. He has 2 additional external storages plugged in.

Once you have that much music, your Local (C:) \works much like a search engine for music.

Yeah lol i have a bit of drives, and i use JRMC as a search engine for my music. I love JRemote on my ipad for this, pure awesome.

How much music does he have?

12.3 TB

Well its states 12.3TBs worth

Yep!

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #527 of 615
You win the title of Head Fi- King of Obsessed :D

You're to the point of a server storage. Darryl has one set up with 40 tb of storage capability. He does movies too though.

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #528 of 615
You win the title of Head Fi- King of Obsessed
biggrin.gif

You're to the point of a server storage. Darryl has one set up with 40 tb of storage capability. He does movies too though.

You bring a tear to my eye, I'm honored! 
tongue.gif

I have about 35tb total storage. I have like 2k movies, all full 1080p with DTS audio, 100% metadata tagged. Plus, around 100+ TV shows all tagged as well. Perfect organization for video, but music metadata is a bi messy, there's just too many variables, namely the genres. I would have more, but I'm a stickler with my movies and TV.

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #529 of 615
  You bring a tear to my eye, I'm honored! 
tongue.gif

I have about 35tb total storage. I have like 2k movies, all full 1080p with DTS audio, 100% metadata tagged. Plus, around 100+ TV shows all tagged as well. Perfect organization for video, but music metadata is a bi messy, there's just too many variables, namely the genres. I would have more, but I'm a stickler with my movies and TV.

Ha..  You must have a server.  What kind is it?  

I use unRAID.  The box I have has 24 bays.  20 bays filled with 2TB drives - I'm now in the process of upgrading all the 2TB drives to 4TB drives.  I have lots of movies as well.  Straight Blu Ray rips (MT2S 1080p files) and lots of 720p TV show down loads.  

I will take a snap shot of my music collection later.  

We need to start swapping as well. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #530 of 615
I enjoy exploring. how did you accumulate so much? 

currently iTunes has- 350 GB - ALAC/  MP3 mix- plan on separating them soon

Server- 30 GB-  long task of burning my cds to FLAC

I have maybe about 500 cds that I still play on my player and plan on burning to have access when not at home 

I am still trying to find a way to combine them all into one location and have access using MAC/PC 

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #532 of 615

Ha..  You must have a server.  What kind is it?  

I use unRAID.  The box I have has 24 bays.  20 bays filled with 2TB drives - I'm now in the process of upgrading all the 2TB drives to 4TB drives.  I have lots of movies as well.  Straight Blu Ray rips (MT2S 1080p files) and lots of 720p TV show down loads.  

I will take a snap shot of my music collection later.  

We need to start swapping as well. 
biggrin.gif

Hehe yes i do. I made my own HTPC/Gaming/RAID box. I use a mega overkill RAID card with SSD key enabled for SSD CacheCade. I also have a similar amount of 2tb drives that i will be upgrading soon, hopefully black friday will throw us a bone. My PC rig weighs like 70lbs. easy, but it's on rollers. The case is a monster from Enermax called GT Fulmo, you can literally fit a small child inside it LMAO. Yeah we def should do some swapping :)

I use Plex for my video, best thing since sliced bread :) Especially when I start streaming a movie from Plex at home to my iPad in the car somewhere with thumping bass, people's faces be like 
eek.gif

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #533 of 615
I wonder how many people with multiple tens of TBs of music have actually BOUGHT it all.

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #534 of 615
  Yeah we def should do some swapping :)

I use Plex for my video, best thing since sliced bread :) Especially when I start streaming a movie from Plex at home to my iPad in the car somewhere with thumping bass, people's faces be like 
eek.gif

Yes - I like to swap movies, songs and TV shows if possible.

I use to use Plex as well.  They are really innovative.  However, other than streaming = Plex wins there.  I find J. Rivers video to be better with the addition of Red October HQ = madVR and the LAV filters.  Then again, I haven't used Plex in over a year.  At that time they couldn't get playback in Windows right.  And I'm a Windows guy.

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #535 of 615

Yes - I like to swap movies, songs and TV shows if possible.

I use to use Plex as well.  They are really innovative.  However, other than streaming = Plex wins there.  I find J. Rivers video to be better with the addition of Red October HQ = madVR and the LAV filters.  Then again, I haven't used Plex in over a year.  At that time they couldn't get playback in Windows right.  And I'm a Windows guy.

I use JRiver for movies from time to time as well. MadVR is pretty nice. Plex has made some major updates in the past year. I'm a windows guy too. I used be all about Linux/Mac, but if you dig deep enough, you can do everything on Windows the others offer but they don't have gaming like Windows does. Check the new Plex out :)

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #536 of 615
You guys members on [H]? I did have a 100TB seedbox in a Norco running off LS1 with BBU raid controllers but never primarily for music or movies, those two things will get the DMCA on my ass down here.

I think David Mahler has the biggest music collection on headfi over a million tracks I think.

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #537 of 615
141,285 songs in Foobar, 58 weeks and 1 day total length. ..i had no idea i had that much
blink.gif

Oct 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #538 of 615
I think David Mahler has the biggest music collection on headfi over a million tracks I think.

Holy crap, 1 million songs?! Really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back