How many songs do you have in your music library?
Jun 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #436 of 615
Tracks: 23038
Albums: 2046
Total Size: 362 Gb
52.8% lossy, 47.2% lossless. (lossless is almost all classical, lossy is mostly rock/jazz with some (maybe 10%)classical mixed in

45.5% FLAC   (Avg Bitrate: 565 kbps)
27.0% MP3    (Avg Bitrate: 253 kbps)
25.5% Vorbis (Avg Bitrate: 287 kbps)
01.5% APE    (Avg Bitrate: 577 kbps)
00.5% Other  (Avg Bitrate: 427 kbps)

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #437 of 615
I am wondering how some of the people here get so many songs with so little artists, i saw someone's library and they only had half the amount of artists that i have yet quadruple the amount of tracks compared to mine (only 7995). I also was wondering the amount of genres that all of you have. I am open to a lot of genres yet I am struggling to get more music. I started my music library in 2008 and only recently have the amount of songs sky rocketed from 1000 songs in 2010 to where it is now but I feel like it is grinding to a stop so i was wondering where do everyone get the music from. (like where do you find it).

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #438 of 615
I use multiple sources to learn about new music. The Music forum here at Head-Fi is one. Then I borrow from Our local/regional library system (50+ libraries in a single DBMS).

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #439 of 615
2052 songs in Winamp
Would be double if I still listen to the stuff from 4 years ago (used to be into pop and r&b. Full blown Metal head now 
L3000.gif
 hehe)

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #440 of 615
I am wondering how some of the people here get so many songs with so little artists, i saw someone's library and they only had half the amount of artists that i have yet quadruple the amount of tracks compared to mine (only 7995). I also was wondering the amount of genres that all of you have. I am open to a lot of genres yet I am struggling to get more music. I started my music library in 2008 and only recently have the amount of songs sky rocketed from 1000 songs in 2010 to where it is now but I feel like it is grinding to a stop so i was wondering where do everyone get the music from. (like where do you find it).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/658393/how-do-you-discover-music/60_30#post_9552157

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #443 of 615
Quote:

I need more music!!!

I just recently did some cleaning on my hard drive of music. Had a few artists and albums that I just didn't listen to whatsoever. I am now down to 4,823 songs, 13.2 days, 108.15 GB of music in my iTunes library.  This totals out my total album count to 478.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #444 of 615
Quote:
I just recently did some cleaning on my hard drive of music. Had a few artists and albums that I just didn't listen to whatsoever. I am now down to 4,823 songs, 13.2 days, 108.15 GB of music in my iTunes library.  This totals out my total album count to 478.

I can't bring myself to do that, even though I do have a fair amount that I just never listen to.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #447 of 615
Quote:

I can't bring myself to do that, even though I do have a fair amount that I just never listen to.

I've done a bit of paring down as of late myself, though my strategy has been to keep the files (in their directory structures but separate from the iTunes Library directory) while removing them from iTunes. Best of both worlds - decluttering while still hoarding :wink:

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #448 of 615
Quote:
I've done a bit of paring down as of late myself, though my strategy has been to keep the files (in their directory structures but separate from the iTunes Library directory) while removing them from iTunes. Best of both worlds - decluttering while still hoarding :wink:

Now this, I have done.....some of the files for me exist only on the backup hard drives now. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #449 of 615
Quote:

Quote:

It's something I've never done before, but it's more than just deleting them because I don't listen to them. Most of what is in my iTunes Library I have on CD, anyway.  It's nice to have a 'compact' collection electronically.  Makes me feel better to have the songs play while in Shuffle Mode.  

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #450 of 615
Quote:
It's something I've never done before, but it's more than just deleting them because I don't listen to them. Most of what is in my iTunes Library I have on CD, anyway.  It's nice to have a 'compact' collection electronically.  Makes me feel better to have the songs play while in Shuffle Mode.  

My CD collection used to be a complete mess. Stacks and stacks of jewel cases. I don't keep my media files in RAID or anything, because the CDs are my 'backup,' but after having two of them die, I realized it was time to make the CD end of things less of a pain. Almost finished getting rid of all of my jewel cases, ~1,000 CDs that used to take up numerous copy paper boxes, bookshelves, stacks on the floor, whatever, are now alphabetized in Tyvek sleeves in a handful of compact boxes. This makes me far more comfortable in keeping my iTunes library (as well as files not in my library) pared down and relevant. Keeping my iTunes library cut down in size a bit also makes it far easier to navigate the albums list when syncing to my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back