How many songs do you have in your music library?
Dec 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #346 of 615
Nice, I wish I had friends with good taste in music. The only person I know that has decent taste in music is my father. I have ripped about a dozen albums from his collection and could probably rip another dozen if I went through his collection again. 
Quote:

Me too. lol I got most of mine from swapping albums with my buddies over the years. We used to swap crates of CD's. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #347 of 615
Then there were the good old days being kids and sending off for those 20 cd's for a penny in the late 80's. lol We had deliveries of CD's going to every family member and neighbor we had. Looking back it was wrong, but effective!

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #349 of 615
18766 in iTunes. 108mb left on this MBP HDD. Time to get that 2tb Mac Mini Server. :D

I have more space on a 1tb external, but I don't believe in keeping 'originals' on an external drive.

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #351 of 615
4811 tracks = 356 albums = 48 gigs of space. Jazz accounts for 25% of total tracks, rest is a good mix of genres.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #354 of 615
Quote:
do anyone know how to find the amount of songs you have in the new itunes?

Click on "View" - then make sure "View Status Bar" is on.  Then click on the Songs button.  Total number in the library should be in the Status Bar at the bottom.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #355 of 615
I went on a bit of a downloading binge... Added about 2k songs

32,022 unique songs in total now

If you include v0 duplicates of flac songs (for my portable player) - 43,019

My collection is 521GB's total

301 flac

220 lossy

*edit* decided to go through and remove some stuff. Got rid of about 52gb's worth of flac that I'll never miss. I think I'm gonna start doing some cleaning more regularly. Truth be told, there is a lot of stuff in my flac folder that I don't even recognize anymore. It's silly to have flac copies of stuff I don't care about whatsoever.

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #358 of 615
Quote:
I delete stuff I don't like. Don't like a cluttered collection full of stuff I don't care to know the name of because it wasn't noteworthy.

This. At least for me it's "I delete stuff" that I never played anymore,but I know that deep down inside my heart, someday in the future I want to hear my deleted collection and that'll drive me nuts. 
biggrin.gif

I just realized that my collection only gain 2 - 3 gigs every year because of this. (that's about 3 - 4 albums on WAV's, cmiiw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back