how many people on head fi are female?
Jun 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #76 of 115

Quote:

The fact that you're spending time on head-fi proves you're gear oriented. Hell you have 3x posts than I do yet you joined only about 6 months ago.

I personally guarantee you'll spend more than $400 in the future
biggrin.gif

i have a question. how can you listen to music without the gear. even cheap headphones count as gear. since we are all consumers i think we are all gear oriented.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #77 of 115

Quote:
Since the subjects been breached what's with everyone on here being anime crazy? Everywhere I go on here 75% of people have anime avatars up. Considering 90% of the avatars are anime girls the very first time I stumbled across this site I actually thought most of the users on here were young girls and nearly left without seeing what the forums had to offer. True story I kid you not.

lol yeah this is one of the geekiest site I regularly visit. I noticed it's similar in most forums associated with computers and other electronic gears. I do have a geek side myself with a little anime and video games, but some of the stuffs people are into here creeps me out.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #78 of 115
Quote:
Since the subjects been breached what's with everyone on here being anime crazy? Everywhere I go on here 75% of people have anime avatars up. Considering 90% of the avatars are anime girls the very first time I stumbled across this site I actually thought most of the users on here were young girls and nearly left without seeing what the forums had to offer. True story I kid you not.

We're just all otaku apparently.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #79 of 115

Quote:
i have a question. how can you listen to music without the gear. even cheap headphones count as gear. since we are all consumers i think we are all gear oriented.

I never said you can listen to music without gear. Nonetheless owning a piece of equipment doesn't mean you're oriented in any way. Posting in forums on regular basis means you are.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #80 of 115

Quote:
anime is really popular amongst geeks. i assure you though i am not a geek.

also never assume anime was made for young girls or you would be sadly mistaken. most animes were made for a male audience. but i do agree. i was surprised when i joined this site that so many people liked anime. nothing wrong with it just surprising. but maybe before knocking anime you should watch shows like elfen lied or death note to decide if you think it was for females. there is a lot of nudiy in anime. i kid you not.

Whoa easy there friend, I wasn't knocking it and I'm sorry if I came across as such. Way back in the day I was into anime too. I was into Captain Harlock and the early mini series Robotech saga when very few in my city were into it. The few I did know who were into it were into it more because of the role playing games built around the Robotech saga. I'm just saying it's rather surprising there's so many people into headfi who are also into anime on here. Its also surprising to me the modern male anime lover seems to pine after the female characters. When I was into anime me and the few others I knew always connected more with the tough as nails I'm gonna kick your butt male characters.

P.S.

Being a geek is actually a good thing nowadays so let you inner geek run rampant
wink_face.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #81 of 115
women haven't been "molded" to science and math studies, so "audio engineering" or something similiar is not going to have much women until our whole society and school structure is changed, but most likely will happen eventually.  Science is full of men with nerdy, obsessive behavior.  Yet another reason women will be like "ehh, ill be a philosophy major"  (people need to listen to me)
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #84 of 115

Quote:
We're all just anime obsessed young girls!!! That use our daddys credit card to get the latest audio technica headphones!!! To list to anime soundtracks on!!!

please tell me that is you in that picture.  

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #85 of 115
anime sucks 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #87 of 115

Quote:
The award for most tolerant and non judgemental person goes to anyone but you.

naw i like anime, i just don't watch it anymore, i don't have the time.  aeon flux for the win

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #90 of 115

Quote:
women haven't been "molded" to science and math studies, so "audio engineering" or something similiar is not going to have much women until our whole society and school structure is changed, but most likely will happen eventually.  Science is full of men with nerdy, obsessive behavior.  Yet another reason women will be like "ehh, ill be a philosophy major"  (people need to listen to me)
biggrin.gif

It would be interesting to find out the ratio of those studying humanities to engineering and science on these types of forums. I'd agree there would be a disproportionate  amount of those studying the sciences or vocations. 

I'd also be curious as to how many men are masquerading as women here on Head-Fi. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back