How many pairs of headphones do you own?
Apr 25, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #91 of 212
3. Thinking of getting a LCDX in the near future..

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #92 of 212
Added three more cans since my previous post, now have fifteen full size cans for home use, have just confirmed a Denon AH-D7000 to be acquired in about a week. Might be getting a Shure 1540 as well, deal's still up in the air though. That'll beef up my total to 17 cans, that ought to be enough....:wink:

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #93 of 212
Added three more cans since my previous post, now have fifteen full size cans for home use, have just confirmed a Denon AH-D7000 to be acquired in about a week. Might be getting a Shure 1540 as well, deal's still up in the air though. That'll beef up my total to 17 cans, that ought to be enough....
wink.gif

Enough = The amount you currently have + 1. LOL

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #94 of 212
LOL. I've actually stuck to my 6 for about 1 1/2 year now and my JH13 are 5 1/2 years old and the HE-500 is 4 years old

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #97 of 212
One. DT880. Next one I'm getting is Plantronics Backbeat Pros so will be 2. That is it.

I used to have Denon D1000 and couple other cheap ones, but they broke years ago. Been using DT880 as my main headphones since 2009

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #99 of 212
To the people with multiple headphones: How does that work? Do you simply swap out headphones based on what your current musical muse is?

Legitimate question; I'm not sure how this is done.

That's a very good question and I'm curious as to how others choose their cans.

I choose a headphone, in part, depending on my mood, the recording, synergy with a given amplifier (I own several), or even a specific set of tubes. Variety is fun in itself, and it adds another dimension to listening to familiar recordings.

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #100 of 212
That's a very good question and I'm curious as to how others choose their cans.

I choose a headphone, in part, depending on my mood, the recording, synergy with a given amplifier (I own several), or even a specific set of tubes. Variety is fun in itself, and it adds another dimension to listening to familiar recordings.

Yep, that's basically the how's and why's of which can I'd use at any given time. Right now, listening to some pop songs on my Geek Pulse Standard + Denon AH-D2k......in the mood for a little bass thump at the moment.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #101 of 212
For me it's a bit simpler. My main rig is in the bedroom so the HE-500 is for when I'm alone and the Sig Pro is for when the wife is there. The FA-003 is for my office rig. The Etymotics HF3 is for general out and about on the go with my iPhone. The Tzar350 lives in a Peli1010 case with the DX90 for my +100 yearly travel nights and the JH13 is for laying down night time listening at home

Apr 26, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #102 of 212
Three if you count a worn Roland RH-50.
1) Roland RH-50 (keyboard. no good for anything else) Not in good shape these days.
2) Monoprice (I forget the stupid number, but it's their top model). Sound quality = sketchy at best. Comfort = unwearable for longer than 60 seconds. Use = as a clamp.
3) Sennheiser HD518 = Best cans I've ever had so far, but could use a little help in the mid-high frequencies. Use = listening to music, all types.

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #104 of 212
I have 3 pairs of full size headphones and depending on the mood i change them

Fischer Audio FA-003 - flat lean sound with very good upper end detail, ideal for classical and vocal music
M audio Q40 - warm and with tight punchy bass, ideal for electronic and hip hop music
Sennheiser Urbanite XL - warm, smooth and thick, great with vocals and rock music, also for music with instruments like drums, they sound very natural and realistic on this headphones

IEMs

Ortofon Q5 - fast and detailed sound, amazing for vocals and jazz music
Sony mh1 - warm and smooth with easy going sound, when i want to turn the volume up
Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS - fast and fun sound, bright with big and tight bass, for electronic they are amazing
RHA MA750i - for on the go because they are built like a tank
Sony xba c10 - great mids, they are for my tv with extension cable
SoundMagic pl50 - great vocals and high quality bass, for my tv also from time to time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back