See ya
Steve

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #18 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've played piano classically for 12 years
and the viola for about 7

biggrin.gif
lemme ask... are you a violin convert by any means?

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #20 of 99
Wow, no drummers yet???? Drummer here for the past 5 years.. tried my hand at a few traditional Indian instruments, then learnt to play the trumpet, gave the keyboard/piano a shot,

then I tried playing the drums myself because my guitarist friend needed a drummer, never could afford the classes, but self learning has its own merits, if you like the instrument, you can have a lot of fun learning!!! nothing set me free like the drums!!!

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #21 of 99
Piano, Keyboards. I enjoy composing music, although I don't have as much talent as I would like.....oh well.....music is to be enjoyed, whether you listen to it, or play or compose it.

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #22 of 99
I've played trumpet for 5 years. I'm halfway good at everything but range (the one thing that matters), so that limits a lot.
Also played guitar for 3 months now. More fun than trumpet, because I can suck without pressure.

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #23 of 99
Piano / Keyboard, French Horn / Mellophone, Guitar

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #24 of 99
guitar, bass, vocals, can get by on the drums

Aug 15, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #26 of 99
Violin for 14 years--I've been pretty delinquent in playing since I went to college, though.

Aug 15, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #27 of 99
Saxaphone during high school and college. We had a strong marching band program that was really fun...but jazz was the focus for me. I also had the opportunity to learn a lot of percusssion instruments during a muscal (kettle drums, xylophone, chimes, etc.) as part of the pit orchestra.

I also like to think of the way I use my tennis racket as very lyrical, but that probably doesn't count.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #28 of 99
Clarinet from the age of 6 and piano from 12 years old. In more recent years I have only continued with keyboards for a little home composition and home studio fun. My voice is passable and have been involved with choirs in the past. I find it difficult to pick up the Clarinet now as I can hear in my head what I used to sound like in my teens when a musical career was possible. Time has passed and a degree of talent it seems
frown.gif
(in reality it would just take graft).

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #29 of 99
been playing drums for about a year and a half, on and off, mostly off due to a recent big move, but am looking to assembling the kit again soon, and banging along as best i can.

i am a beginner really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back