How many of you have found your endgame holy grail headphone?
May 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #31 of 105
I can't imagine needing anything else. Hell I don't even use my Verza any more, the PH6 are stellar straight out of a MBP. 

May 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #32 of 105
 The Holy Grail Headphone is just a state of mind.

May 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #33 of 105
- Sennheiser HD 650;
- ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

I don't think I'll ever need anything better in my entire life.
Maybe I'll buy a tube amp in 10 years, but just for fun.

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #37 of 105
I'm very new to this but for the past few weeks I have experimented with different portable equipment and I have finally set my portable music rig.

Sony NWZ-ZX1
Sony PHA-2
On the go: Earphones            Shure SE535LTD
At Home or watching movies: NAD Visio HP50 (Just purchased today)

And my conclusion is I like the Shure for its clarity but the bass is abit weak, the NAD visio HP50 is slightly down on clarity but the bass is strong.
Conclusion: I finally nailed the ideal headphones that produces the sound I have been looking for! The NAD Visio HP50.

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #39 of 105
I've found my endgame closed headphones (Pandora Hope VI). I am now on the hunt for my endgame open set. :)

I also am looking for endgame in-ear monitors and endgame portables. :) So, 1 out of 4 finished. Damn, this hobby is expensive. I still also need to find my endgame DAC and Amp.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #40 of 105
  I've found my endgame closed headphones (Pandora Hope VI). I am now on the hunt for my endgame open set. :)

I also am looking for endgame in-ear monitors and endgame portables. :) So, 1 out of 4 finished. Damn, this hobby is expensive. I still also need to find my endgame DAC and Amp.

If you like the PH6, the Shure SE846 should be right up your alley. That's my full/IEM combo. 

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #42 of 105

Very true. All it takes to be satisfied is to stop looking for something else. Personally I am wholly satisfied with my SRH 1840 - to the point where I don't need to bother looking for something else or "greater".

I disagree with that. Looking elsewhere might expose dissatisfaction more readily, but one can certainly become dissatisfied without looking elsewhere. After all, why would you be looking in the first place if you didn't think you could do better than what you have?

Not looking is a result of satisfaction, not the cause of it. 

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #44 of 105
I've owned over 75 different headphones in the last several years.  I'm on my third pair of SoundMAGIC HP100s, this one with Beyer COP pads.  I've not found its equal, in terms of everything I want a headphone to do.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #45 of 105
I found it but I don't have it.  HD800 or a Oppo PM-1/2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back