how many of you guys cook???
Nov 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #1,786 of 3,876
Quote:
Put 'em together Sriracha buttery bacon wrapped popcorn shrimp!

Well that's a dish that's gonna be at the Beer Food Head-Fi meet!

beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #1,787 of 3,876
Sriracha buttery bacon wrapped popcorn shrimp with cayenne tossed into a bowl of hot broth and ramen topped with a cracked egg.

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #1,790 of 3,876
You can make it kinda runny & similar to 'egg drop' soup.
I make mine thick.

My process:
1) Get a small-medium sized pot.
2) Place the Ramen in the bottom of the pot and then fill the pot with water. Fill the water up just slightly past the Ramen, I use very little water.
3) Cook the Ramen for 2 minutes, crack the egg into the boiling water and pour in the flavor packet.
4) Cook Ramen & Egg 2 more minutes, and then take the pot off the burner and let it sit on the stove for 5 minutes. (The extra 5 minutes of sitting allows the remaining water to evaporate and gives the meal time to cool down.)

All these posts are making me hungry...
And this ramen egg deal sounds awesome, definitely trying it tomorrow

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #1,792 of 3,876
Quote:
I like to crack and egg or two into my chicken flavored ramen.
If you guys have not tried it... You MUST!
Cheap and yummy!

Quote:
I have heard about that, to make egg drop right?
Can you share the method because I would love to try it

Egg drop is easy. Beat an egg, and after you remove the ramen from the heat, stir in the beaten egg. Stir gently in one direction (in the Northern hemisphere, go CCW
smile.gif
). Add some chopped green onion and enjoy.

I've loved the Lipton chicken noodle soup since I was a kid. When I have a cold, I make this with fresh ginger, and stir in a beaten egg and top with green onion. Good for what ails you.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #1,793 of 3,876
Egg drop is easy. Beat an egg, and after you remove the ramen from the heat, stir in the beaten egg. Stir gently in one direction (in the Northern hemisphere, go CCW :smile: ). Add some chopped green onion and enjoy.

I've loved the Lipton chicken noodle soup since I was a kid. When I have a cold, I make this with fresh ginger, and stir in a beaten egg and top with green onion. Good for what ails you.

Gonna go try this now, I will tell you how it is

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #1,795 of 3,876
You can make egg fried rice from leftover rice. You can either use a frying pan, or make a well in a bowl of rice and microwave it. The magic is to not let the egg entirely set before you stir it, but not to stir it when it's too runny or else you'll just glue the rice into an unsatisfying ball.

Obv spring onion, scraps of chicken, pork and bacon, anything can go into this. It's a pretty decent snack. Oh, and don't forget the most angry chilli sauce you can find.

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #1,796 of 3,876
stop talking and invent me a bacon donut already

That is very much a thing at my bakery.

Maple or caramel icing, with pieces of bacon on top. Yes, it is good.

Voodoo Doughnut in Portland does it up too.

My kitchen has been out of action for 5 months but I'm glad to see you guys have been cooking up a storm. Awesome looking stuff in here in the past few months.

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #1,797 of 3,876
How 'bout some of this to go with all our bacon covered donuts and various bacon-related dishes:

I'm not really a vodka person myself, and I can't imagine this tasting good, but I'd still have to try it if somebody offered me some. I guess everything really should taste like bacon.

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #1,798 of 3,876
We celebrated Halloween at work and they made us carve pumpkins and forced us to eat these weird cupcakes.

'smores cupcakes, bacon maple cupcakes, ultrachoco cupcakes, and other weird ones.

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #1,800 of 3,876
Quote:
Forced you? LOL
How were the bacon maple cupcakes?

The bacon was smokey salty and the maple frosting was maple-y sweet. Topped on a simple yellow cake. It was yummy. I just ate the frosting and about 1 oz. of the cake. The cupcake looked headless.

YES. Forced us! They tied us up and would only release us if we carved them pumpkins into grotesque faces.
This was mine:

These were the others':

Users who are viewing this thread

Back