how many of you guys cook???
May 30, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #1,054 of 3,876
We really got down with the cooking last evening.  We use Tyler Forence's rib recipe from the Food network.  His home-made BBQ sauce for the ribs has peach marmalade in it.  Ironically, the BBQ sauce really *sticks* to the ribs unlike that bottled stuff you buy.  We doctored the recipe a bit and used or grill outside - whereas, his recipe has you cooking them inside the oven.  We also bought some of Bush's Grillin' Beans and added some cooked / cubed Pancetta, molassas, dry mustard and chipotle peppers is adobo sauce.  To top it off, we made a sweet cornbread that we baked in the iron skillet in the oven.  Finally, some cole slaw from the deli at Wegmans provided us with the vegetable.

Easily, a combination I'd repeat over and over.  I can only imagine how well his BBQ sauce would do in a pulled pork recipe.  When you're making the BBQ sauce, you toss in about 6 crushed cloves of garlic to cook as well as a few sprigs of fresh thyme wrapped in bacon with some cotton string.  The garlic and bacon / thyme is removed before you use the sauce.  Killer !!!  Truly, finger' lickin' good.

May 30, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #1,055 of 3,876
Hmmm... what crazy thing is TheAudioDude baking now?

Phase two complete...

Next phase... chocolate ganache...

My Precious...
tongue_smile.gif

This is the most moist cake I've ever had... *drool*

CAUTION NSFW:

May 31, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #1,056 of 3,876
no more of my bad crackberry pix - but my memorial day grilling featured home-made chimichurri sauce on steaks, as well as baby back ribs and baked beans... nice to have an outdoor meal with friends and neighbors

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #1,058 of 3,876
Bumpptybimfication.

Haven't been to this thread in a while.

Anyone still cooking 
blink.gif

Jul 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,063 of 3,876

Quote:
I'm marinating some wild-caught steelhead salmon to go with spicey baked beans, dill potato salad and fresh fruit salad dressed with OJ and Cointreau for the 4th. 
beerchug.gif

Sounds great!  Got room at the table?
Happy 4th !

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #1,064 of 3,876
Quote:
Bumpptybimfication.

Haven't been to this thread in a while.

Anyone still cooking 
blink.gif

been cooking a lot, but nothing too photogenic I'm afraid... for instance, hand-made pasta doesn't seem to make for great pix unless you're a food photographer (and they often used inedible things that look good, I can tell you from first-hand experience, although that was a long time ago). anyway, when I come to head-fi it's for a dose of gadget love, so maybe I should also incite people to post their kitchen gadgets - mixers, special pots, favorite knives, and beyond! :wink:

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #1,065 of 3,876
apricot tart with pistachio frangipane - same recipe we used to use at gramercy tavern, and just as delicious as I remembered it :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back